1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 lock screen style

Hi i'm new here. I was using my phone regurarly (a lg nexus 4) and i blocked it up, and when i tried to unblocked it my lock screen have had changed, it was smaller, the pattern were at the right size minimized and the widgets were in sort of a cube, i really liked it but when i unblocked and blocked it again it was gone, it was the normal lock screen. How can i make that happen again?

Default Re: Nexus 4 lock screen style

Not quite sure what you mean...you have a Screenshot?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

That sounds very much like the tablet UI lockscreen to me. At tablet display sizes, the lockscreen challenge (circle, pattern, PIN, etc.) appear on the right half of the screen and lockscreen widgets appear on the left half (with a carousel animation that could be described as cube-like). There are mods out there that you can flash to your phone (assuming it's unlocked, rooted, and running a custom ROM that would be compatible with such a mod) which will enable tablet mode.

Some ROMs also come with tablet-style UI built-in, but I can't say offhand whether any ROMs or mods are available yet for the N4.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Sounds like AOKP lockscreen options to me.. They have the option for the widget carousel, minimizing lock challenge on wake up, and more..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 lock screen style-uploadfromtaptalk1358940739902.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Do you have a link for that? for the AOKP lockscreen
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by lombardian1 View Post
    AOKP is a ROM, like Cyanogenmod. AOKP and CM are probably the only stable ROMs I would recommend. You can get the ROM from their official site if you want the latest stable build:

Some of their dev team pumps out newer builds more often that you can find on sites like XDA and Rootzwiki, but the official ones will be the most stable. If you are new to flashing ROMs and stuff like that I'd highly recommend reading a guide like this one that was written for the Galaxy Nexus: [GUIDE] Don't Panic: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Nexus
    Along with other info you can find. You can ask any specific questions you've got in this forum. Just read that for the concepts, obviously the specifics will pertain only to the GNex but there is a lot of good info in there for a beginner.