Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Exclamation question about installing aokp on nexus 4

    before i install can install aokp i
    1) need to unlock bootloader?
    2) need some custom recovery like CWM
    3) needs to be rooted?

    i need all those 3 correct?
  2. #2  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: question about installing aokp on nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    before i install can install aokp i
    1) need to unlock bootloader?
    2) need some custom recovery like CWM
    3) needs to be rooted?

    i need all those 3 correct?
    You only need to unlock the bootloader and have a custom recovery to flash. The ROM is rooted, so rooting before flashing it is optional. You can find links in the Unlock guide to either TWRP or CWM recovery.. I recommend TWRP. Download the ROM and GApps and put them on the phone (after unlocking, as unlocking will wipe everything, sdcard included). Then boot into the recovery using fastboot commands and within it:
    Wipe data/factory reset <--- Won't wipe the sdcard partition
    Install the ROM
    Install the GApps
    Select Reboot system.

    Then enjoy
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: question about installing aokp on nexus 4

    thanks, nice avatar btw
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: question about installing aokp on nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    You only need to unlock the bootloader and have a custom recovery to flash. The ROM is rooted, so rooting before flashing it is optional. You can find links in the Unlock guide to either TWRP or CWM recovery.. I recommend TWRP. Download the ROM and GApps and put them on the phone (after unlocking, as unlocking will wipe everything, sdcard included). Then boot into the recovery using fastboot commands and within it:
    Wipe data/factory reset <--- Won't wipe the sdcard partition
    Install the ROM
    Install the GApps
    Select Reboot system.

    Then enjoy
    is my screen supposed to be blank/empty/black after i boot from aokp? cause it is for me. also gapps don't install google maps? i mean it's not a big deal because i can redownload it but it seems gapps only installed playstore really
  5. #5  

    Default Re: question about installing aokp on nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    also gapps don't install google maps? i mean it's not a big deal because i can redownload it but it seems gapps only installed playstore really
    Correct.
  6. #6  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: question about installing aokp on nexus 4

    Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    is my screen supposed to be blank/empty/black after i boot from aokp? cause it is for me. also gapps don't install google maps? i mean it's not a big deal because i can redownload it but it seems gapps only installed playstore really
    What do you mean blank?

    And the GApps packages don't include GApps you can download from the Play Store. This is done for size and legal restrictions. Just get them from the Play Store

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Questions about Facebook App on EVO
    By o_swas in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 07:29 PM
  2. Question about installing bug less beast
    By luke31 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 04:40 PM
  3. question about saving ringtones on D Inc.
    By twistedjustice81285 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 05:27 PM
  4. questions about install adb drive on windows
    By Ky1e.YC in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 09:47 AM
  5. Quick question about People app on EVO
    By pdiddyfan in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 09:41 PM

Posting Permissions