Encrypt device feature

swartzz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone used the encrypt device feature in settings on the nexus 4? If so, what has your experience being like using this feature?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've used it on my Galaxy Note 2. Not a Nexus, but it should operate similarly. Worked well for me. Only draw back on my phone was making me use a complex password instead of just a PIN.

I'm not sure how it would work if you root though. Curious if anyone has encrypted and rooted.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
IMO as long as you aren't storing nuclear launch codes on your device you shouldn't need the feature.. And if you are a root user/ROM flasher it can cause severe headaches and issues. I personally recommend ignoring it. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

shahali

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
IMO as long as you aren't storing nuclear launch codes on your device you shouldn't need the feature.. And if you are a root user/ROM flasher it can cause severe headaches and issues. I personally recommend ignoring it. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately some of us use sensitive emails and so in order to get access to exchange emails we have to encrypt. :-(

anon(5632919)

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, yes I did it on the Nexus 4, unlike the galaxy, that I had an S3 you had to put a complex password, you can use a 4 digit PIN, it takes just a little longer to boot, and it asks you twice for the pin after the first time you boot or anytime you turn off and on again, after that it only asks you for the PIN, you can also use face unlock and a complex password, it will not let you go to a pattern password no more.

Has anyone used the encrypt device feature in settings on the nexus 4? If so, what has your experience being like using this feature?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084