- 6 Posts
Hello! I am very new to the Android scene. I have a Nexus 4 that I rooted yesterday. Installed a bunch of fun apps. Issue is: today I OTA updated to 4.2.2. and now all my apps that require root to run say they are unable to run because I need a rooted device. Is this normal? Do i need to re-root with every update?
Thanks in advance.
- 02-15-2013, 06:19 AM #2
- 5,632 Posts
Re: Broken Root?
Yep, re-root. Read the FAQ of my unlock and root guide as well for info on how to preserve root through OTAs.
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
- By xxfallacyxx in forum Rezound Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
- By Sooks in forum AT&T Nexus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 09-03-2011, 04:55 PM
- By SirMario in forum T-Mobile HTC SensationReplies: 3Last Post: 07-29-2011, 04:44 PM
- By racermech in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 07-14-2011, 02:31 PM
- By jcooper131 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 06-16-2011, 06:05 PM