moving my own music from my pc to my Nexus 4

Hank Montrose

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have 1000+ songs that are from my own albums that I want to move to my Nexus 4. I synced them with media player but it downloaded all of them plus 4000 pictures. could not view them on my phone, and the phone could not find them. When I use usb cable connected back to my pc I can find them and play them. was advised to download a file manager so i could at least see them and deleted them all as well as the pictures. Now trying to find a simple solution to change the file extensions on my music so I can transfer them to the phone and it can play them. any help? I don't want to give my c/c info to Google Music cloud to sign up for an account, I don't have so much music that it will bog down the 16g drive, I want to have them to play all the time offline.

MidtownHD

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by "media player"? And are the music files not mp3s?
one thing I would suggest is to delete the music app's data and restart the phone to see if the app displays the music.
If you wanna start over, why not try using adb and send the files to /sdcard/Music

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Hank Montrose

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
they are wma files. Windows media player is where all my music is. All music has been deleted from the phone until i can get it into the right extension. What is adb?
next problem, the swipe feature stopped working. When you get an e-mail you swipe the finger down the front, does not work today