Best carrier to use with the nexus 4 device.

swartzz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got my nexus 4 and would like to use it with straight talk but am now learning that AT&T Sim is no longer offered with straight talk, I was wondering what other service outside of straight talk that one can use with the nexus 4, considering that T-Mobile service is not reliable in some areas with straight talk.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if you're saying that tmo is spotty in your area, or if it's spotty via ST? If you've got decent tmo coverage, you can go direct with them via a number of plans or try Solavei. Tmo speeds are about double what att speeds are. If att is what you need based on your area, it looks like you might be in for a wait until walmart gets re-stocked. That, or pay outrageous prices for a ST SIM on ebay.

swartzz

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile is spotty in my area. But who is this other carrier that you mentioned?? Also it doesn't appear that straight talk has micro Sim for T-mobile on there website.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Paul Wall 718

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Try net10 they have ATT sim card and I have a nexus 4 and speeds are good $50 a month unlimited everything but I seen my speeds slow down after about 3 gig's.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
And I have not checked stock of anything but if they have a reg Sim and just no micros you can always cut down the standard size.

I believe that ST is stopping all new AT&T Sims because they might have cost AT&T more than originally thought. The lack of AT&T ST Sims is not a stock issue but a business decision. I would not plan on waiting for a restock that might never come.

FLGal

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 4 a week ago and am on the t-mobile monthly plan, which sounded wonderful! Before I purchased the phone I checked and was told by t-mobile that they have very strong 4G in my area. However after having 11 (yes eleven) calls disconnect today I may need to to explore options. I live in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area, does any one know all the carriers that I can use with this phone? I need reliable service both phone and data.

mr_wendal

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I used StraightTalk (tmobile) for a month on an iPhone before getting my Nexus. If you end up having to cut a normal sim like I did, go to an ATT store or something and ask them to do it for you. Or be REALLY careful. It's really easy to get it just a little off so that the Nexus doesn't see it.

If you're willing to find all information you need online, feel free to go for ST. Their customer service and help is very under-trained and don't really know what they're doing. It took them a whole weekend to get my sister's sim working correctly. I have decent T-Mobile coverage, so I switched to T-Mobile's $30/month plan. They ported my number in under 15 minutes and know what they're doing. I use the Vonage app to make wifi and 3G/4G calls because it can display my number as the caller ID without any porting or special steps. Vonage has actually been more clear than any direct phone call I've made with ATT, Tmobile, and StraightTalk/tmobile. I no longer have to frustrate people and say "What?" 3 times in a row.

Bwarner479

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 4 a week ago and am on the t-mobile monthly plan, which sounded wonderful! Before I purchased the phone I checked and was told by t-mobile that they have very strong 4G in my area. However after having 11 (yes eleven) calls disconnect today I may need to to explore options. I live in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida area, does any one know all the carriers that I can use with this phone? I need reliable service both phone and data.

I'm surprised the coverage is spotty down in Broward... I'm in West Palm Beach and I get consistent HSPA+42 coverage up here.

Sent from my Nexus 4

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully with all the money TMo is investing into the network over the next year or so your coverage with them will get better. I switched to TMo from Sprint 2 months ago and am never looking back. I have the $70 unlimited everything w/out contract and a half GB of tethering. I get consistent speeds of 15 to 25Mb a sec which is plenty fast I assure you. I can stream hd YouTube without buffering, it's so nice. :D Good luck finding a carrier that works for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech