Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cannot get drivers/ADB drivers working tried everything.

So I want to unlock and root my phone. I even found a handy mutl-use troolkit for all that on XDA. Problem is I can't get the drivers to work. I've tried, id argue, everything. Apparently, when I go into device manager im supposed to see an item called "android phone" and within that "android composite ADB interface". I don't get that. I just get "Nexus 4" under "portable devices" in device manager. USB debugging is enabled. I've tried using the install drivers feature in the Nexus 4 toolkit, as well as manually uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I was ever referred to the processes described here: http://www.junefabrics.com/android/driver.php and using this: Download PdaNet+ nothing has worked. Any help?

Default Re: Cannot get drivers/ADB drivers working tried everything.

Quote Originally Posted by justlaxin13 View Post
    So I want to unlock and root my phone. I even found a handy mutl-use troolkit for all that on XDA. Problem is I can't get the drivers to work. I've tried, id argue, everything. Apparently, when I go into device manager im supposed to see an item called "android phone" and within that "android composite ADB interface". I don't get that. I just get "Nexus 4" under "portable devices" in device manager. USB debugging is enabled. I've tried using the install drivers feature in the Nexus 4 toolkit, as well as manually uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I was ever referred to the processes described here: http://www.junefabrics.com/android/driver.php and using this: Download PdaNet+ nothing has worked. Any help?
    Have you tired using this method: [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Unlock & Root

It uses fastboot and if you're showing up as Nexus 4 on your pc, you should be fine.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have tried this, when I get to the command prompt part and test my connection by typing "fastboot-windows devices" i get back the line: "004c8cefdf4eecda fastboot" and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by justlaxin13 View Post
    I have tried this, when I get to the command prompt part and test my connection by typing "fastboot-windows devices" i get back the line: "004c8cefdf4eecda fastboot" and nothing else.
    I can't recall what mine said when I typed the devices command, but it was something weird like that...not anything like "Nexus 4 connected." Did you try and go beyond that command (fastboot-windows oem unlock)?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks, I went ahead with the procedures, worked like a charm. I was leary, given the possible stakes to go off the map slightly, but hey, alls well that ends well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums