Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fernandezhjr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transparent notification bar

Is there any way to make the notification bar transparent, without switching ROMs or kernel?

I've tried the super status bar or whatever it's called from the play store and yes, that did make it transparent but it replaced the notification bar entirely with a fugly bloated new one. I'd like the stock one, just transparent when it's not pulled down

Thanks in advance

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Default Re: Transparent notification bar

As far as I'm aware I dont think it is possible on stock rom.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I couldn't find any way to do it either, just to hide it. That's why I went to a custom.
    Nexus 4 AOKP ROM | Blackberry Playbook (to be replaced with Nexus 7) | Bold 9700 for work (to be replaced with S4 or Note2)

Are you rooted? If so, did you try the uot kitchen?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

not at the moment, haven't found the need for it yet. But I'm not opposed to doing it. Tell me more about this uot kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    not at the moment, haven't found the need for it yet. But I'm not opposed to doing it. Tell me more about this uot kitchen
    http://uot.dakra.lt/

Explore it. Lots of mods you can do by simply uploading the required files. The end result is a zip file that is flashable in recovery.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

If people want features of a custom rom, why not flash a custom rom? Boggles my mind.

[DEVICENEXUS⁴] [ROMXYLON] [KERNELFRANCO] [RECOVERYTWRP]
    NEXUS4 | XYLON | FRANCO | TWRP
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Yeah I realized that I might just as much do that. So now I'm rocking paranoid android!

Quote Originally Posted by dEris View Post
    If people want features of a custom rom, why not flash a custom rom? Boggles my mind.

[DEVICENEXUS⁴] [ROMXYLON] [KERNELFRANCO] [RECOVERYTWRP]
    Some people like to stay close to stock and only want certain mods. With flashing custom roms it is all or nothing. You got alot of what you want, but you also get alot you don't want. I have flashed custom roms before and still had to apply certain mods. It is also fun and good learning experiences apply mods yourself.
    J T M and frenziedfemale like this.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

That's why feature can be enabled or disabled.

Posted via Android Central App
    NEXUS4 | XYLON | FRANCO | TWRP

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Nova Launcher Prime has the option of a transparent notification bar. No root needed.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by dEris View Post
    That's why feature can be enabled or disabled.

That works when the option is there, but that is not always the case, especially with the themed aspects. Mods are not always features that can be turned on and off. A mod can can consist of flashing a script, an XML edit, changing a PNG, etc...It always takes a combination of mods, theming, installing apps, to get me where I want to be, even if I install a custom rom. I do agree, most would be satisfied just flashing a custom rom, but if any are anything like me, they will be constantly want to tweak and enhance their device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,732 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fernandezhjr View Post
    That works when the option is there, but that is not always the case, especially with the themed aspects. Mods are not always features that can be turned on and off. A mod can can consist of flashing a script, an XML edit, changing a PNG, etc...It always takes a combination of mods, theming, installing apps, to get me where I want to be, even if I install a custom rom. I do agree, most would be satisfied just flashing a custom rom, but if any are anything like me, they will be constantly want to tweak and enhance their device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Plus since the Nexus 4 is so easy to mod you can not only make it your own you can also improve battery and performance and make the Ui the way you like with mods.

Its Possible with the Combination - XPosed + Tinted StatusBar

Xposed Framework - [FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.4.1)(02.12.2013) - xda-developers
    Tinted StatusBar - [MOD][Xposed] Tinted Status Bar [BETA 6.1] - xda-developers

I have it enabled on Stock Android 4.4.2 running the Stock Kernel

Keep in mind that the Tinted StatusBar Module is in Beta so may crash, I have used it for some days now and see no major issues with it
    The only two minor things I noticed are the you cant set a high tint value for the icon colors, when you try the app crashes and restarts
    an the default color and tint value makes the default system icons barely visible on a white background

You can make the notification bar transparent with whatever launcher (Apex, Nova, etc.).