MAJOR issue

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,so today I rooted and installed cyanogenmod M3 with the signed gapps and now I can't refund apps, there is no refund button for purchased apps. why?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You can only refund within a 15 minute window from purchase (I think).. and I'm not sure all apps qualify. You sure this isn't the case?

Confirmed, form Play: "You have 15 minutes from the time of download to return an application purchased on Google Play for a full refund. You may only return a given application once; if you subsequently purchase the same app again, you may not return it a second time."

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You may only return a given application once; if you subsequently purchase the same app again, you may not return it a second time."

Learned that one the hard way. I just wish Google would let you know that before you buy it again. Just a little warning that you won't be able to refund since you've already done so.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Learned that one the hard way. I just wish Google would let you know that before you buy it again. Just a little warning that you won't be able to refund since you've already done so.

I think its there to avoid the potential exploit of buying apps for a certain purpose and then continually getting a refund within 15 minutes.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... The 15 minute rule is kind of harsh. I'm sure it keeps out a lot of scammers, but 15 minutes is a very short time to fully test most apps and decide.

If there is a real issue, contact the developer and see if they will accommodate you. I had to do that once with an office suite I purchased for a tablet. Took me way more than 15 minutes to discover that it relied on the spellchecker from Android Keyboard and when you went to a BT Keyboard you were left without a spellchecker. That totally negated the productivity advantage. When I explained to the developer they credited back to my payment method in full.

Any good developer should be reasonable to deal with and professional communication with them is the key.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I think its there to avoid the potential exploit of buying apps for a certain purpose and then continually getting a refund within 15 minutes.

Yeah I understand the why's. I just would like to have something pop saying you have already refunded this app, if you purchase again you will not be able to refund. I learned from an app that I bought a year prior to rebuying and not remembering. That's all.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I've gotten the refunds by talking to the developers and they were nice about and I gift refunded.

I have though about that but the two apps it happened to me on were only a buck. I figured, oh well I'll help support a developer. I waste more smoking cigs in a day than that.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have though about that but the two apps it happened to me on were only a buck. I figured, oh well I'll help support a developer. I waste more smoking cigs in a day than that.

Lol the apps I bought were 5 dollars and 8 dollars respectively.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Lmao this logic often makes me spend money on all sorts of dumb stuff :-\

Yes but I'd rather my money be wasted supporting developers than big tobacco. Which raises the question, why do I even smoke anymore?

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I understand the why's. I just would like to have something pop saying you have already refunded this app, if you purchase again you will not be able to refund. I learned from an app that I bought a year prior to rebuying and not remembering. That's all.

Ah yh.. In that case, it sucks. Especially if an app added a new feature or something that made it worth trying again.