Nexus 4 screen calibrated and the screen looks gorgeous!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
So finally stopped being a cheap *** and bought the Franco kernel updater to get a better looking screen, and wow! I used the recommended values in the gamma controls and the screen looks a Nazi NGC everyone with a custom kernel should try out this app!!!

Posted via Android Central App

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So finally stopped being a cheap *** and bought the Franco kernel updater to get a better looking screen, and wow! I used the recommended values in the gamma controls and the screen looks a Nazi NGC everyone with a custom kernel should try out this app!!!

Yeah I tried out the recommended colors for a few days recently.. I went back with the default values for now though, I felt the recommended ones reminded too much of my saturated Gnex screen. Maybe I'll try experimenting on my own with the values one day but for now I prefer the stock ones.

But yeah his app is awesome :)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I tried out the recommended colors for a few days recently.. I went back with the default values for now though, I felt the recommended ones reminded too much of my saturated Gnex screen. Maybe I'll try experimenting on my own with the values one day but for now I prefer the stock ones.

But yeah his app is awesome :)

Totally! changing the values really helps as you get to really make the screen look good. This isn't related to the app but why does this part of the forum not seem to active? I mean I feel as this should have a large community on here but not many people are in these sub forums.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Totally! changing the values really helps as you get to really make the screen look good. This isn't related to the app but why does this part of the forum not seem to active? I mean I feel as this should have a large community on here but not many people are in these sub forums.

Because we're the best of the best of the best, sir! <insert men in black clip>

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad you have your screen all setup Chetan. Having it calibrated to your liking really shows off how nice the N4s screen is/can be.

What up 2efmouze?! Rather surprised you prefer the stock values, but I loved my calibrated GNex screen too, so makes some sense.

The Gnex rooting/hacks section was bustling with activity. I almost never venture in here because it's either dead or SOOOO noob lol. I chaulk it up to many N4 users are either pros or total noobs. Make that total noobs that refuse to read stickies or comprehend given advise, which tends to put off people who otherwise could help out. I've noticed very few of the pro names I'd recognize hanging out in here and that's my take on the reason behind it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'ma n00b and even I know about franco.Kernel.

I like the Recommended Gamma with a few extra tweaks in the color settings. Yeah it looks a bit over saturated (just a smidge) under the florescent lights, but man it makes a huge difference under sunlight. :)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'ma n00b and even I know about franco.Kernel.

I like the Recommended Gamma with a few extra tweaks in the color settings. Yeah it looks a bit over saturated (just a smidge) under the florescent lights, but man it makes a huge difference under sunlight. :)

I tried your settings and yeah in my eyes the colours didn't "pop" enough for my liking so I changed RBG all to 255.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Glad you have your screen all setup Chetan. Having it calibrated to your liking really shows off how nice the N4s screen is/can be.

What up 2efmouze?! Rather surprised you prefer the stock values, but I loved my calibrated GNex screen too, so makes some sense.

The Gnex rooting/hacks section was bustling with activity. I almost never venture in here because it's either dead or SOOOO noob lol. I chaulk it up to many N4 users are either pros or total noobs. Make that total noobs that refuse to read stickies or comprehend given advise, which tends to put off people who otherwise could help out. I've noticed very few of the pro names I'd recognize hanging out in here and that's my take on the reason behind it.

It truly is a marvel of a screen.

And the fact that this won't be as busy saddens me deeply I wanted to help some people out! The GNex rooting forum on the other hand is going strong right?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that the Gnex forum was really the "Verizon" Galaxy Nexus forum. So if you wanted to get the true vanilla android that is supposed to be associated with a Nexus device, you had to ROM it to get rid of the Verizon bloat, and stay current with Google updates. I think that's what kept the ROM section of that forum so hot. The N4 is so clean right out of the box, and has no carrier interfering with updates, I don't think as many people are messing with it. The only reason I ROM'd mine was because I screwed up the stock OS with some minor changes and couldn't get the OTA to work. It was either flash the original images and wipe my phone again, or flash a 4.2 ROM.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind that the Gnex forum was really the "Verizon" Galaxy Nexus forum. So if you wanted to get the true vanilla android that is supposed to be associated with a Nexus device, you had to ROM it to get rid of the Verizon bloat, and stay current with Google updates. I think that's what kept the ROM section of that forum so hot. The N4 is so clean right out of the box, and has no carrier interfering with updates, I don't think as many people are messing with it. The only reason I ROM'd mine was because I screwed up the stock OS with some minor changes and couldn't get the OTA to work. It was either flash the original images and wipe my phone again, or flash a 4.2 ROM.

But you can make the screen look amazing, add more customisation, make it faster etc. people should know what they can do to their awesome N4's!!!

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I so want to try this but I'm afraid of bricking my phone since I've never rooted before. The screen doesn't bother me with the stock settings but having it more saturated is my preference.

Oh and also screwing up OTA updates from Google possibly.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I so want to try this but I'm afraid of bricking my phone since I've never rooted before. The screen doesn't bother me with the stock settings but having it more saturated is my preference.

Go to Android Rootz. com and use their guide to root and unlock boot loader its super easy!!!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

2def's method (sticky'd at the top of this forum section) is a piece of cake and only takes about 5 minutes.

Bwarner479

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Don't worry you're not gonna brick the phone as long as you follow directions. Nexus phone are made to where the bootloader is easily unlocked. I would suggest doing it manually the first time so that you learn how it works. Let me know if you need any direction about where to start. And you don't have to worry about the updates from Google either. You can either go back to stock or flash a prerooted stock rom and the radio if you want to. If you don't like to tinker I wouldn't bother though because not all custom roms are bug free (of course neither are the official ones)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't worry you're not gonna brick the phone as long as you follow directions. Nexus phone are made to where the bootloader is easily unlocked. I would suggest doing it manually the first time so that you learn how it works. Let me know if you need any direction about where to start. And you don't have to worry about the updates from Google either. You can either go back to stock or flash a prerooted stock rom and the radio if you want to. If you don't like to tinker I wouldn't bother though because not all custom roms are bug free (of course neither are the official ones)

He can also use a one click root tool box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89