May 30, 2013
Visit site
Auto flashed this on expecting a further performance exhancment
On an tutu before flashing I scored 21306 now after flashing its on 19600

Any ideas why ?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
And scores don't matter, they are just arbitrary numbers that have no correlation to performance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Milestone

Well if you want a performance enhancement have you tried the Powerful Performance setting under Power Modes... No idea how much battery drain that causes as I've never used it. I'm more about balancing power on demand vs battery life. I try to find the most efficient settings for the way I use the phone. Every user is different. My anecdotal experience is that the settings I favor don't work for others as often as you would think. ;)

Installing the kernel lets you perform your own tweaks or use certain presets. Parts of the system can become unstable if tweaked incorrectly. Have you ever tweaked a kernel before? Do you know what the various settings are for? If you are unsure, don't stray away from the presets until you do more research to find out what you are getting into...

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
And scores don't matter, they are just arbitrary numbers that have no correlation to performance

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'll add to my previous post to give a little better context. This debate has been hashed out many times here and elsewhere but I think at this point it's pretty much accepted that scores aren't an accurate indicator of real performance.

Scores are useful in so far as they'll give you an idea of how a single change to the same kernel might have affected the tests the app does to produce the score.

That difference in the score from that change may or may not translate into an "improvement" in your experience with the device. Add to the fact that there's so much that goes into a kernel and that when you start comparing scores across multiple kernels with very different configurations, the scores begin to have really very little value in how well the kernel performs in real world settings.

All that is just to point out that having a higher score doesn't make the kernel (or a ROM) better. Most devs gave up trying to achieve high benchmarks a while ago. Users seem to want some single data point that says something is better but the reality is that it's more complicated that and the only way to determine what kernel is best for you is to try them all and weigh their benefits as a whole.

Franco tends to be one of the more well rounded kernel's out there and has a great mix of performance, battery life, control and features. As previously suggested, flip the power mode over to PowerfulPerformance and I'd bet the benchmark score jumps up. By default Franco is rigged for a very balanced experience.

Hope that helps a bit more than my previous post :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12