How would I update?
I am running CyanogenMod 10.1.2 with franco.Kernel Milestone 3, and am wondering how do I update when the next version of CyanogenMod releases? As I understand when I update the ROM even OTA, it will reinstall it's kernel, therefore I'd have the CyanogenMod kernel after updating. How would I flash back franco.Kernel kernel? Would I just do it through CWM as I did it originally provided the franco.Kernel version is compatible? I also use the franco.Kernel updater app with settings that only work with franco.Kernel, will this cause issues if it tries to use those settings on the CyanogenMod kernel, or would I just flash franco.Kernel before the first boot of an update?
- 07-24-2013, 07:41 AM #2
Re: How would I update?
In a case like this I would just update CM via recovery. That way you can flash the franco kernel after you update CM. Better safe than sorry
- 07-25-2013, 07:46 AM #4
- 07-25-2013, 08:08 AM #5
- By mosap143 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 10Last Post: 09-10-2014, 04:08 PM
- By Kiersten_Kress in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 99Last Post: 07-30-2013, 03:25 PM
- By HawaiiD in forum HTC OneReplies: 3Last Post: 07-24-2013, 08:46 PM
- By Shrii Ram in forum HTC One VReplies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2013, 10:02 PM
- By Meshal Zeeshan in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 07-23-2013, 07:56 PM