Unable to dial in for conference call

Maruthi3113

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have been using Nexus 4 from March this year. I have a problem to connect to toll free numbers and dial in bridge numbers from there.
Illustration as below. The actual steps from the automated IVR system to connect to the call and my problem step wise
1. Step 1 : Dial a toll free number -- 1800 XXX XXXX : Yes, i can dial and connect thru :)
2. Step 2: Enter an Authorisation Code --28xxxxx7# : Can enter the code, but the call doesn't connect thru and the call gets disconnected :(
3. Step 3: Press 1 for US bridge, 2 for UK bridge : Can enter the code, but the call doesn't connect thru and the call gets disconnected, if i use the automated continuous dial options with pause of 2 sec between Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3. :'(
4. Step 4: Enter the passcode to join the call : Cant reach this phase :'(

This problem propped up after the phone got updated to Version 4.3 (first and big update). When i checked with my Service provider, they say its the problem with the phone. When i use my firend's SIM card and try the above steps.. It works, If i use my SIM card in my friends' Nexus it works again.. The problem is with the combination of my SIM and my phone.

Please suggest any solutions in this regard

Maruthi Prasad

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, does your friend use the same network? It could be the phone, I'm not ruling that out, but seeing it can make a successful connection with the other sim makes me think it's a network issue. Apn maybe? Can you make sure your apn settings are correct? It doesn't make sense why it's only occurring for your sim.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Maruthi3113

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Scott and Jeremy for your solutions..

Infact while i was trying to adjust few network settings, i changed my Network setting from 3G network mode to 2G network mode. And then miracle.. it works.. Once i switched to 2G mode my conference call works..

But the question still at large is , since my friend also has the Nexus 4 and he is on 3G mode and the conference call is working properly for him, i had to switch to 2G mode for my operational work. We both have the same service provider. How is this possible

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Scott and Jeremy for your solutions..

Infact while i was trying to adjust few network settings, i changed my Network setting from 3G network mode to 2G network mode. And then miracle.. it works.. Once i switched to 2G mode my conference call works..

But the question still at large is , since my friend also has the Nexus 4 and he is on 3G mode and the conference call is working properly for him, i had to switch to 2G mode for my operational work. We both have the same service provider. How is this possible

I'm not quite sure, but it sounds like apn settings. Possibly the radio as well? It's less likely, I don't know a few people were complaining about network issues with 4.3. Did you check the apn settings of your device? Also, is your friend running 4.3?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

dirtrider501

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site