Unroot Nexus 4 Android 4.3

justein

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to unroot the Nexus 4 on 4.3. A step by step guide or link to one or link to a video would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance to people who respond.

Posted via Android Central App

Nandagopal R

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the factory restore can relock the bootloader.

Regarding other suggestions for the tool kit, I've not used the Wugfresh toolkit, but it should be risk free. Or you can try Nexus 4 Root Toolkit by XDA Admin Mark Skippen. Super easy and risk free. I can vouch for that.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to Unroot Koush's Superuser? I'd like to unroot before installing the latest OTA patch on top of 4.3.

You can install SuperSU from the play store and unroot with that, even w/Superuser installed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply. Yes, the factory restore can relock the bootloader.

Regarding other suggestions for the tool kit, I've not used the Wugfresh toolkit, but it should be risk free. Or you can try Nexus 4 Root Toolkit by XDA Admin Mark Skippen. Super easy and risk free. I can vouch for that.

Flashing factory images alone does not relock the bootloader, you have to do it manually after flashing the images.

Is there a way to Unroot Koush's Superuser? I'd like to unroot before installing the latest OTA patch on top of 4.3.

No need to unroot and then update as you will lose root when you update anyway.

justein

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Flashing factory images alone does not relock the bootloader, you have to do it manually after flashing the images.

No need to unroot and then update as you will lose root when you update anyway.

How would I manually relock the bootloader?