- 2 Posts
I'm very new to Android. I wish to install paranoid custom ROM on my nexus 4. I've got the step by step instructions with the first step being installing clockworkmod. I just wanted to check if it is essential to root the phone before installing clockworkmod or it is not required.
If there are any step by step clear instructions that list out all steps for a brand new phone, please point me towards it.
Thanks in advance.
Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2
- 09-19-2013, 09:46 AM #2
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- 09-19-2013, 11:29 AM #3
Re: ParanoidAndroid ROM
Technically, as long as you have a custom recovery installed you do not need root, as flashing paranoid android will root your device. Although flashing a custom recovery to your device does (in most cases) require root access first.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2CURRENT RIG || MSI Neo v-2 MB || Pentium 4 Prescott 3.5Ghz || 2GB Dual Channel DDR1 Ram || Dell 80GB 7200 rpm HDD || BFG Nvidia 6200 256MB || Creative SBLive! Sound Card || Crappy Dell CRT Monitor
Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.
Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18
- 09-28-2013, 01:11 AM #4
- By Schulzey in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 10-08-2013, 12:51 PM
- By Wahinya Njau in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 09-22-2013, 02:24 PM
- By Wahinya Njau in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 09-20-2013, 08:46 AM
- By Wahinya Njau in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 17Last Post: 09-20-2013, 12:44 AM
- By pugzly07 in forum Bionic Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2013, 01:27 PM