1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cannot install custom rom from twrp

After updating my official rom to 4.3 I could not get past the X logo. I then decided to install a nightly Cyanogenmod rom (cm-10.2-20130928-NIGHTLY-mako.zip) The only way I can get it to boot up is to shut it down for a long time (1hr or so) then it will boot but the android keyboard crashes everytime the keyboard is required. I have managed to put some other roms on the phone
    cm-10.1.0-mako.zip
    cm-10.1.3-mako.zip
    cm-10.1.3-rc2--mako(1).zip
    My problem is when I try and flash with any of these it doesn't overwrite the old rom. Am I installing right?
    Boot in to twrp
    Go to wipe
    Swipe to factory reset
    Install
    Add custom rom
    Add gapps
    Swipe to confirm flash.
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Cannot install custom rom from twrp

Quote Originally Posted by mark F3 View Post
    After updating my official rom to 4.3 I could not get past the X logo. I then decided to install a nightly Cyanogenmod rom (cm-10.2-20130928-NIGHTLY-mako.zip) The only way I can get it to boot up is to shut it down for a long time (1hr or so) then it will boot but the android keyboard crashes everytime the keyboard is required. I have managed to put some other roms on the phone
    cm-10.1.0-mako.zip
    cm-10.1.3-mako.zip
    cm-10.1.3-rc2--mako(1).zip
    My problem is when I try and flash with any of these it doesn't overwrite the old rom. Am I installing right?
    Boot in to twrp
    Go to wipe
    Swipe to factory reset
    Install
    Add custom rom
    Add gapps
    Swipe to confirm flash.
    Thanks in advance.
    You need to wipe data, phone (factory reset), cache and dalvik.
    Then install ROM and boot
    Then I go back to recovery and wipe cache and dalvik again and install gapps
    then reboot and should be good to go.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the quick reply Ryandroid, will give it a go.
    Right it's still the same, have I done it right, I clicked advanced wipe, wiped data, cache and dalvik, I also tried with the swipe method. Really don't understand why it won't overwrite. I assume I don't wipe internal storage.
    Last edited by mark F3; 10-03-2013 at 11:59 AM. Reason: updated

I'm having the same problem also. I download my Roms thru goo.manager. It will boot up but then says aosp keyboard did not respond so I can't log in or do anything. I never officially updated to 4.3 I'm still on 4.2.2. Never had this problem with twrp before. If I find something I'll come back and post it

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have finally got my Nexus back up and running and will not be updating to 4.3!!! For anybody else having the same problems I used LG Google Nexus 4 toolkit V2.0.0 In the menu 1 of the options is to download original factory image and install. Did it and it worked a treat.Tried this method with Nexus Root Toolkit but it wouldn't work. Hope this is of use to someone.

Same keyboard issue with my Galaxy s4, I also used goomanager to download this rom , i scrapped that rom and directly downloaded
    from it cyanogen, reflashed with twrp and all is good

can u plzz gime me link of custom rom for swipe f3 please i want to update it