Sideloading 4.4 on AOKP (stupid question alert)

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm running an AOKP nightly, can I sideload 4.4? Also, can I just dirty flash it? Or will I be better off reflashing stock 4.3, unrooting and waiting for OTA?

Also, if I flash the factory 4.4 stock image will that be the same as flashing back to 4.3 stock? I'm making my Nandroid now and am just thinking about flashing stock 4.4. I don't care about being on AOKP for the time being.

<<< New to rooting.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm running an AOKP nightly, can I sideload 4.4? Also, can I just dirty flash it? Or will I be better off reflashing stock 4.3, unrooting and waiting for OTA?

Also, if I flash the factory 4.4 stock image will that be the same as flashing back to 4.3 stock? I'm making my Nandroid now and am just thinking about flashing stock 4.4. I don't care about being on AOKP for the time being.

<<< New to rooting.
You should be able to side load 4.4. However, I would do a clean install.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Cool. Hope it goes well.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
Well...one problem. I've backed everything up using TB and I can see it on my phone using root explorer, but when I plug my phone into my Mac I cannot see the backup in Android File Transfer to transfer it over to my computer. What the heck? Should I just bite the bullet and pay for premium so I can save to my Box account?

I did a Nandroid in CWM, but same thing. No backup in the CWM folder.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well...one problem. I've backed everything up using TB and I can see it on my phone using root explorer, but when I plug my phone into my Mac I cannot see the backup in Android File Transfer to transfer it over to my computer. What the heck? Should I just bite the bullet and pay for premium so I can save to my Box account?

I did a Nandroid in CWM, but same thing. No backup in the CWM folder.

Probably might be easier.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Tules

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Use ES File explorer to manually find it in your device, then move it into your SD card...

In ES you go to mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backups then it should be there if i remember the order correctly :)

and make sure to enable root/show hidden files in ES

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Use ES File explorer to manually find it in your device, then move it into your SD card...

In ES you go to mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backups then it should be there if i remember the order correctly :)

and make sure to enable root/show hidden files in ES
Oddly enough it started showing up. After about an hour or two of being plugged in after multiple tries. Still haven't had the time fore the flash.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci