1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question [Solved] Boot Loop After Cm11 Nightly

Hi, first of all let me say that I'm new to this. I installed CM initially through the installer.
    A few hours ago I checked for updates and tapped on the new CM11 nightly build. (I've done this a few times before, only with 10.2.)
    Except this time, it won't boot. It goes to the CM boot animation and never goes past there.

I need to know how to get CM11 (or the previous stable) back on my phone. The only way I can think of is through Clockworkmod Recovery but I'm very inexperienced. Help would be much appreciated.

:It should be noted that I can't get my computer to recognize the Nexus 4 drivers now.

Also I tried to restore my backup that I created a long time ago in ClockworkMod, however I'm only greeted with "MD5 mismatch!" when I attempt to restore.
    Last edited by PlusJack; 12-06-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Solved

Default Re: Boot Loop After Cm11 Nightly

It's probably due to mismatch of setting between Android 4.3 and 4.4.

Just boot into Recovery and do a factory reset and it should solve it, which with custom recovery will wipe you apps data, but not internal storage.

If that don't fix it, you just have download the CM11 rom from . Boot into recovery and connect your phone. Send the file into your phone using the command: adb push cm11.zip /sdcard/. Then wipe the /system partition in CWM. Then install the rom. Or you can enable CWM's sideload feature, then install it by: adb sideload cm11.zip

Before you can use ADB you need to get your adb driver to work and setup ADB for your computer. Follow step 2 and 3 from here: [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore
    Except use the . If that don't work, use , however it is unsigned, so if you use Windows 8 you need to reboot your computer into advance mode and disable driver signature checking.

PS you can try download a CM10.2 rom and install it instead to see if it boot. Then backup your data, boot into CWM, do a factory reset, then flash CM11 again.

As for MD5 mismatch, it means some files are corrupt or are not original anymore or it's no longer compatible with your current CWM version, I heard that a lot with CWM. I don't have that issues with TWRP. I recommend installing TWRP instead, it's better and easier to use. Also make sure to use the latest recovery version when you flash to prevent errors.
    Last edited by someguy01234; 12-05-2013 at 11:24 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by someguy01234 View Post
    It's probably due to mismatch of setting between Android 4.3 and 4.4.

Just boot into Recovery and do a factory reset and it should solve it, which with custom recovery will wipe you apps data, but not internal storage.

If that don't fix it, you just have download the CM11 rom from . Boot into recovery and connect your phone. Send the file into your phone using the command: adb push cm11.zip /sdcard/. Then wipe the /system partition in CWM. Then install the rom. Or you can enable CWM's sideload feature, then install it by: adb sideload cm11.zip

Before you can use ADB you need to get your adb driver to work and setup ADB for your computer. Follow step 2 and 3 from here: [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore
    Except use the . If that don't work, use , however it is unsigned, so if you use Windows 8 you need to reboot your computer into advance mode and disable driver signature checking.

PS you can try download a CM10.2 rom and install it instead to see if it boot. Then backup your data, boot into CWM, do a factory reset, then flash CM11 again.

As for MD5 mismatch, it means some files are corrupt or are not original anymore or it's no longer compatible with your current CWM version, I heard that a lot with CWM. I don't have that issues with TWRP. I recommend installing TWRP instead, it's better and easier to use. Also make sure to use the latest recovery version when you flash to prevent errors.
    The first option worked, thanks! Now I need to install the gapps. Any help there?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. A HUGE thanks again!
    Last edited by PlusJack; 12-06-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Update

Heyy!

Freaked out when my phone got stuck in a bootloop after installinh CMod 11.

Spent 3 hours scouring the internet on what to do and tried your option 1

Worked like a dream. Internal Storage still intact!

Thank you so so so much!