Boot animation problem.

Waterdroid

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I just tried Boot Animations ★ root (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.jrummy.apps.boot.animations&token=PDFyU92r), and I messed around a little with the animations. Aftter a while I wanted to return to the stock animation so I restored a backup containing my old boot animation (just to be clear, it is just a backup of the boot animation, done in the app itself) and deleted the app. Shortly after I rebooted and found out that I had no boot animation at all, just a black screen. I reinstalled the app and found that the option 'show boot animation' was disabled. Re-enabled, re-deleted the app and rebooted, and now my boot animation is some sort of glowing gray/steel like text saying 'android'. Taking the stock boot animation from the backup, renaming it bootanimation.zip and placing it in /data/local didn't work (I read that on xda somewhere). I also tried flashing a stock boot.img, but with no effect. Probably because the boot animation is not in boot.img, I have no idea where it is located.

Someone please help, this all woulnd't have happened if that crappy app just restored as if it's supposed to do with a backup.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
boot.img is the kernel.

Just uninstall the app because you don't need it. The system location of bootanimation.zip is in /system/media. Put it there. You need to fix the file permission to be readable after you paste it there, set the file permission to rw - r - r, otherwise known as 644.

If you have no bootanimation at all, it will revert to Android's default which is the "Android" text animation, that's what I use.

sent via tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12