1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default *newbie* I'm having KitKat 4.4 and there is 4.4.2. Do I need to revert to stock before update?

I've been reading that it is better to revert it to stock before updating. Do I need to revert it back as I've already got 4.4 before I root it?

Also if someone can share the link on how to fully back up my phone before returning to stock will be brilliant. Thank you for replying.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: *newbie* I'm having KitKat 4.4 and there is 4.4.2. Do I need to revert to stock before update?

I assume your bootloader is unlocked now since it was required to root.

Use fastboot to boot into custom recovery and use it's backup feature to backup the rom. By booting only it doesn't install the recovery, you can boot back into recovery later to restore the image.

If you haven't, though I assume you did in order to root, you need to install adb/fastboot driver for your device (while it's connected in fastboot mode/bootloader menu).

Then you need to set up adb/fastboot. Search internet or use this

You can download the TWRP image (which is a custom recovery) for the Nexus 4 from here:

Then while your phone is in fastboot mode, run Minimal ADB/fastboot I posted above or wherever your fastboot.exe is located, in the command line just type this: fastboot boot twrp.img

After backing up your device, boot into the phone and copy the TWRP folder in your phone to your computer, which contains the backup, installing factory image on Nexus device will wipe all your files (there is a way to keep your data if you know how).

sent via tapatalk
    Last edited by someguy01234; 12-13-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: *newbie* I'm having KitKat 4.4 and there is 4.4.2. Do I need to revert to stock before update?

I didn't have any issue from 4.4 to 4.4.2, unlocked/rooted/trwp, just updated normally.