- 06-05-2014, 03:17 PM #2
- 14 Posts
Re: Does 4.4.3 OTA Kill Root?
I recall when I did a recent OTA, not sure if it was 4.4 or later, it killed by free tethering (hotspot). I had to root and edit a specific file to get it back. Wondering if the update to 4.4.3 will do the same thing or if it was just the 4.4 KK upgrade that did it and these OTA's leave the values intact and just update the executables etc.
- 06-09-2014, 04:20 PM #4
- 06-09-2014, 05:18 PM #5
- 06-09-2014, 08:55 PM #6
- By Masum56k in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 10Last Post: 01-27-2016, 03:22 AM
- By bmw96 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 11-21-2014, 08:49 AM
- By Bumbazoid in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2014, 01:34 PM
- By l4d2mayhen in forum General Android Device ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2014, 01:30 PM
- By Stanley Castro in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-05-2014, 01:17 PM