"Successful" restore of adb backup doesn't actually restore and can't install Franco kernel (FKU)

usethe4celuke

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
"Successful" restore of adb backup doesn't actually restore and can't install Franco kernel (FKU)

Hi
I am new to the idea of customising your Android phone by rooting and using new kernels, but thought I'd give it a go as I wanted to use Franco kernel on my Nexus 4. Unfortunately, after rooting the phone following this seemingly very good Youtube video (How to Root Nexus 4! [Windows/Mac OSX/Linux/Ubuntu] | Nexus4Root.com) I have come up against the following problems and I don't know where to turn:

1. Failed restore of my adb backup - The final step (25) from the above site of restoring apparently worked according to my phone, yet there was no visible sign that any of my data or apps are on my phone. I can see that a backup was made and is around 500MB. For some reason, this is not being restored.

2. Can't install Franco kernel - Ignoring that the restore didn't work, I tried to install Franco kernel and downloaded FKU Free. However, I then get a message saying :
"It appears you have root on your device, but for some reason the root permissions for this app were not refreshed (probably because of an update). To fix this go to your supersu/superuser app select FKU and forget the permissions. Then re-open this app and it should ask for root permission"​

3. SuperSu and SU binary update failing - the final problem related to above is that when I go into SuperSU app (its an old version but updating doesn't help) it tells me: "The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue?" . I tap continue but it tells me "Installation failed!".

All in all, these three things are holding me back from the successful root, restore and installation of Franco Kernel that I was hoping for. Any help would really be appreciated so much.

Kind regards,
Luke

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Successful" restore of adb backup doesn't actually restore and can't install Franco kernel (FKU

Welcome to the forums.
Edit: I saw the SU part after I posted. Can you reboot into recovery? That is typically where kernels can be flashed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance