Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Factory Image Restore Not Working

    I follow the thread [GUIDE] Nexus 4 - Factory Image Restore
    and attempted to restore my nexus 4 but I am having problems with writing the bootloader. I attached the image of the error in my CMD to this thread. Any help would be awesome.

    Factory Image Restore Not Working-untitled.png
  2. #2  
    acejavelin's Avatar

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

    Default Re: Factory Image Restore Not Working

    Is you bootloader unlocked?

    Basically you cant screw this up... its just extract files and run flash-all.bat and its a done deal, I literally did this to mine yesterday.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Factory Image Restore Not Working

    Yeah, I did fastboot oem unlock
  4. #4  
    acejavelin's Avatar

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

    Default Re: Factory Image Restore Not Working

    That doesn't look like a standard adb installation... What adb version are you using? Also, it appears you are doing it manually, why not use the script build by Google?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Factory Image Restore Not Working

    I used the Android tool set found on their website, my problem also escalated. Now my laptop wont even recognize my device when I am the mode with the green android when i enter the command fastboot devices.
  6. #6  
    acejavelin's Avatar

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

    Default Re: Factory Image Restore Not Working

    If your PC won't recognize your phone, it is either a driver or cable issue 99% of the time... the other 1% it's a bad board, which is just bad.

    I would recommend installing the full ADB from Google itself (yes, I know it's huge) and use the Nexus reference drivers embedded in the full ADB package.

    OR use Wugfresh's Nexus Root toolkit, install the drivers from the kit, and use it's restore to factory option... Not the most recommended way to do it, but it can automate some of the process and give you some guidence in a tough spot.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Factory Image Restore Not Working

    I dont believe the issue is cable related because I tested my cable with another device and it seems to be working just fine. How would I go about seeing if there if a driver issue and fixing it?

Similar Threads

  1. Wifi only Sprint Epic 4G Dying? Google Play not working.
    By daehttub in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 09:40 PM
  2. HTC One Mini headset jack not working
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 11:04 PM
  3. HTC One Mini headset jack not working
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 11:04 PM
  4. rear camera not working
    By justrun0322 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 07:14 PM
  5. galaxy s4 not working after a factory reset.
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions