Nexus 4 Cannot Flash to stock ROM

Dan Riches

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I've been having some problems with my Nexus 4, which I am trying to flash the stock ROM to. I used http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-rooting-roms-hacks/223923-guide-nexus-4-factory-image-restore.html to try to flash the file to my nexus, however this happened:

Code:
Daniels-MacBook-Pro:occam-ktu84p danielrichesmac$ fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-mako-makoz30d.img
sending 'bootloader' (2203 KB)...
OKAY [  0.071s]
writing 'bootloader'...
FAILED (remote: flash write failure)
finished. total time: 0.074s
Daniels-MacBook-Pro:occam-ktu84p danielrichesmac$ fastboot flash radio radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1701.03.img
sending 'radio' (45537 KB)...
OKAY [  1.537s]
writing 'radio'...
FAILED (remote: flash write failure)
finished. total time: 1.539s

and now the nexus will only boot into fastboot mode. Is there any way to get past this error, or has the phone booted its last?

Dan Riches

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately the Bootloader is unlocked. I've tried toggling the bootloader to locked and then unlocked to see if that would work, but the same thing happens.

Dan Riches

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have used the Flash stock and Unroot with Soft-Bricked as the current status as well as Force Flash Mode with it, but it still comes up with the FAILED (remote: flash write failure) when trying to flash the system image.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, this may be an issue where the internal flash memory is corrupt or defective. If all those things you tried failed it might be done for.

Have you tried just flashing a recovery and getting into it?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 using Tapatalk

Dan Riches

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried flashing a recovery, but came up with the same error. I was however able to boot into a custom recovery (CWM) temporarily using the Nexus Root Toolkit, however I cant wipe data or the cache, as they "cant be mounted".

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried fastboot boot the latest TWRP and change partition types? Dangerous but you don't have much to lose at this point... Go to Wipes, Advanced Wipes, tick all but EFS (if you have that), and click change/repair file system, beyond that I don't know, never had to do it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez