Nexus 4, after flashing Marshmallow ROM Google Play Services won't work

ahneko

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm a total noob at this but I just flashed a Marshmallow ResurrectionRemix ROM and corresponding gapps from opengapps. I've disabled and reinabled, cleared cache, data, reset app preferences, removed and added my account, reflashed both the rom and gapps package, enabled permissions, uninstalled updates, and I don't know what I have left to do besides factory reset. Is there anything I could have missed? I keep getting the message that Google Play services has stopped, so I can't use any apps like Hangouts, Youtube, etc. Please help, thanks.

Styked

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
This is something I faced every time I updated the RR rom (5.1). I just removed all the google accounts so that it could not sync and then added just one, updated google play services, turned sync on and then added the rest of my accounts.

This is no longer a problem for me on the 6.0.1 RR rom on my Note II.

UserFkh

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Dear ahneko,
Have you added your Google account, I think I know your problem. I've experienced same, not after flashing ROM, after factory reset.
Ok if your problem is that you can't add an account, do this try it:
First download root explorer by googling it.
Then on the top there will be a button like this Mount R/W click on that and then open System folder, in that open Etc folder, then you may find a file named hosts, long press on host and scorll down in the options, there you may find open in text editor*
There something will be written of 3 lines, erase that totally and paste this
(127.0.0.1 localhost
#127.185.66.4*android.clients.google.com)
After this go to settings accounts and try adding a Google account and if this method suceeds, I mean if you're able to successfully create a Google account, your problem is solved.
There is no risk in this method.
Please notify me if the method works

Posted via the Android Central App