Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Play Store Accessories

Here are the Play Store accessories for the Nexus 5 that we know of.

Available in black, white.
    $49.99
    Coming soon.

Available in black, gray, bright red, bright yellow.
    $34.99
    Coming soon.

A new, flat wireless charging pad will be launched soon for the Nexus 5 and 2013 Nexus 5. It has a glossed finish, includes magnets to help hold the devices in place, and is Qi-compatible.
    Price unknown; expected in the Play Store today.

I'll be sure to add a photo or two and more details as the items become available.
    andr0idralphie likes this.

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Default Re: Play Store Accessories

The wireless charging pad looks nice, I hope they launch it soon. So far they've been pretty good with accessories for the N7. This whole experience has been better than last year.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

I really like the idea of Google offering official cases! However, they're just too expensive for what they are. I'm sure the quality is top-notch, but it seems that third-party solutions are going to be the way to go. That wireless charger though... I want that. I love how they finally wised up and use magnets now to align and hold the device to the pad (just like webOS! ). I'll probably end up buying one of those soon after it's released.
    Last edited by Choorp; 10-31-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    Thanked by:
    S-Doo-1965 likes this.

Yah I think those cases look awesome, price is over the top. ..... but I'm sure most people (maybe even me lol) would just add it anyway.

Note 3 <Caesars>

Global Posts
    1,675 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Yeah, the case is too expensive. I bought one anyway because it looks real nice.

pardon me, i seem to have lost my mind in a reading comprehension accident...

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

What accessory? This one ain't got a glass back, and I'm thankful I can rock it naked.
    ipeaches likes this.

I may go naked but I'm really digging those cases.

Note 3 <Caesars>

Quote Originally Posted by tippmann15 View Post
    I may go naked but I'm really digging those cases.

Note 3 <Caesars>
    Yeah I like those cases. You have a Note 3? A coworker got one of those. Gorgeous, gorgeous display!
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5

Anxiously awaiting the charging pad. They said it should have been available today.

Quote Originally Posted by qnet View Post
    Yeah, the case is too expensive. I bought one anyway because it looks real nice.
    By the time I bought the device, it seems the gray case was out of stock and the others were listed as "coming soon." Guess I'll be rocking the Nexus nakeed.

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    Yeah I like those cases. You have a Note 3? A coworker got one of those. Gorgeous, gorgeous display!
    Yeah I love my note 3! Thankfully tmobile extra lines are so cheap, for $10 a month I can have the nexus 5 also.

Note 3 <Caesars>

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Also waiting for the Wireless Charger.

I really like the cases too, although they were saying 'coming soon' as soon as they went up on the Play Store in the U.K. They are expensive but I think I'll still get one and use it for when I go out drinking lol, especially as I ordered the white backed phone.

Case style I keep all my smartphones in. Only saw them available from VZW previously, but maybe because they're not offering the N5, they're available. Can't beat the price.

Amazon.com: Maxboost Google Nexus 5 Case Shell Holster Combo (Black)- Premium Protective Kickstand Case Cover Fits All Versions of Google LG Nexus 5 including AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile, and International Unlocked Carriers ( A.K.A Google Nexus 5

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

features magnets that will make it easier for devices to stick on it -- provided those phones and tablets in question have magnets built in as well
    Makes me wonder if this means Nexus 5 has those magnets...

The cases will well as they are great color options and they work with the wireless charging. I'm waiting for them and the wireless charger to be available. Hopefully they will be available before my nexus ships (2-3 weeks) or shortly thereafter.
    I really miss the convenience of wireless charging.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

im waiting for the flip cover to be released

Quote Originally Posted by theballinboy#CB View Post
    im waiting for the flip cover to be released
    I would get the flip case if they offered if in yellow or orange.

Any ETA on these?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock Android 4.4 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus4 View Post
    Any ETA on these?
    I'm wondering this too, I really fancy one of those QuickCover cases especially as it unlocks the device when opened apparently!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Nexus 5 16GB Black, 27" Late-2013 maxed-out iMac, iPad 2 32GB WiFi + 3G & Various iPhones from 3GS-5
    Apple and Android Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Firehand81 View Post
    Makes me wonder if this means Nexus 5 has those magnets...
    It does.

That's why I want the official one versus others. Sure the fatboy pillows are cool and come in different colors but the magnets help assure a good charge.
    I live my One but won't miss the slow charging.

ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

Yah I think those cases look awesome, price is over the top. ..... but I'm sure most people (maybe even me lol) would just add it anyway.

Note 3 <Caesars>
    I did it on impulse LOL. Yes, I know price is ridiculous compared to some decent cases from Amazon (my GNex I literally got like a $6 gel case I have used for 2 years almost), but I really wanted to splurge on this. My phone arguably gets more love than my computer (although I just got a custom configged, maxed out HP Envy 15 Touch Smart with a Haswell i7 and 2 GB dedicated nVidia graphics, so my laptop is gonna be gettin lots of love of course).
    [making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isnt because we dont want to hit [a lower] price point, Jobs said. Its because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first. - again, Steve Jobs

Note 3 <Caesars>
    Prices are cheaper than the Samsung accessories for the Note 3.I paid $65 for my s-view flip cover. I love it, but it is still a lot of money for a case.

Scribbled on my Note 3, baddest smartphone on the planet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast