Would cases get in the way of swiping in from the sides since the bezels are so thin?

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had a couple different cases for my current SGSII and what I've noticed is that almost all cases add a tapered lip along the front of the phone so that when you lay it face down the screen is raised slightly so whatever surface you put it on won't scratch the screen. It's a good idea, but one annoyance I've always had was because of that extra bit sticking out, it gets in the way when say I'm swiping in from the left edge of the screen to access the overflow/options menus in some apps (especially the recently updated Google apps).

Now the Nexus 5 has really thin bezels on the sides, so won't this issue be even more pronounced?

I was originally thinking of just not using a case, but seeing pictures of that camera module sticking out worries me a bit and is making me consider getting a case.

Any thoughts?

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It for sure could be an issue. I have a nexus 4 right now and every once in a while I need to select text (to copy and paste) I have a hard time getting the last letter on the left hand margin. This is only an issue when I use a case.

With that being said... I ordered my N5 yesterday and am looking for a case for it on amazon right now. There is no way i'm taking my N5 out into the world with no case. (but thats just me)

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I feel like it's so risky using the phone 'naked', even more so for Nexus phones since we paid for it full price up front and it won't have any kind of protection services from the carriers.

Are there any cases that don't get in the way of the edges of the screen?

Ikeman90

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Most likely. I love the N4s form factor naked and the with the bezel on the sides my thumbs glide blissfully BUT I'd be a fool yo keep it out of a case. And I haven't found a case that didn't hinder this.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech