Kickstand cases for the N5

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I know that since the N5 was just announced most manufacturers haven't announced cases for it yet, but we can look at other phones for reference. I know about the Seidio Active and Surface cases that come with kickstands, but what are some other good quality cases? I'm just imagining a nice wood case with a black kickstand and how awesome that would be. I'd be willing to spend a decent amount for a good quality case so I'm not worried about cost. Any suggestions?

benjdm

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've ordered the maxboost, I'll try to remember to post my thoughts about it when I get it.

Posted via Android Central App

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeaht the Cruzerlite and Maxboost cases look good, I'm sure Seidio will have their Surface and Active kickstand variants as well, hopefully more manufacturers announce/release cases for the N5 soon. I expect more accessories to be available for the N5 vs the N4 due to the N5 being sold through many carriers.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
heh that maxboost one is the generic belt clip case that is/was always available for verizon phones at launch. its amazing that i always end up getting this one first since its the only one out. never a half bad case actually, it does the job until seidio gets their act together

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just an update on Seidio accessories. I reached out to them on twitter about cases for the Nexus 5. They responded today with, "The ETA is the end of the month. You can submit this short form to receive e-mails when it's released SEIDIO | Smarter Mobile Accessories " Super excited :)

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just an update on Seidio accessories. I reached out to them on twitter about cases for the Nexus 5. They responded today with, "The ETA is the end of the month. You can submit this short form to receive e-mails when it's released SEIDIO | Smarter Mobile Accessories " Super excited :)

that is good news. just for once id love for them to get on the ball and release their cases at launch. its not as if the specs werent floating around for months...

benjdm

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
heh that maxboost one is the generic belt clip case that is/was always available for verizon phones at launch. its amazing that i always end up getting this one first since its the only one out. never a half bad case actually, it does the job until seidio gets their act together

The Maxboost has shipped.

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I emailed Seidio recently and they said they did have plans to make cases for the N5, but the rep said they didn't have an ETA yet. Thanks Jonneh for the update on the ETA for the end of the month! I'll have to find a cheap case I can use in the meantime. It would be cool if the soft touch Surface case had the word nexus on the back, but I doubt it will.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I emailed Seidio recently and they said they did have plans to make cases for the N5, but the rep said they didn't have an ETA yet. Thanks Jonneh for the update on the ETA for the end of the month! I'll have to find a cheap case I can use in the meantime. It would be cool if the soft touch Surface case had the word nexus on the back, but I doubt it will.

No problem, I'm waiting on it myself. Yeah I'd love to somehow keep the "Nexus" logo viewable with the Seidio case, like I saw some cheap cases do on amazon, but I guess I will lose that for some good protection. Seidio cases have always been my go-to cases because, in my opinion, they are the perfect balance among protection, function, and style.

benjdm

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The Maxboost kickstand case arrived today. The kickstand is pretty neat and does work in both landscape and portrait. The case is fairly stiff and does make pressing the volume and power buttons difficult. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
got the maxboost yesterday as well. its a nice case...however the i-blason one is imo far better for the same (or cheaper) price. fits nicer, better feel, has a thin tpu membrane around the buttons which make button pressing feel completely natural, and it appears to be pretty bulletproof

benjdm

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
got the maxboost yesterday as well. its a nice case...however the i-blason one is imo far better for the same (or cheaper) price. fits nicer, better feel, has a thin tpu membrane around the buttons which make button pressing feel completely natural, and it appears to be pretty bulletproof
The kickstand only does portrait mode on that one, right?

XxNitr0xX

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Just got this in the mail today. Ordered Sunday; ground shipping was only 2 days.

So far, I can't really find a complaint. I only purchased it as a temporary case until something really good comes out, expecting it to be cheap and bulky, but I may just end up keeping this one. It fits perfectly, buttons feel great, and there's no gaps like the Spigen near the charging port for dust to get into. It appears there's even enough room for the magnetic camera lens attachments. Best of all, my pinky no longer blocks the speaker sometimes when I hold my phone. It naturally rests in the cut-out for the MircoUSB.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Well Seidio has released the Surface and Dilex kickstand cases, they are shipping from their website now. I am going to pick up a Dilex soon, I tried putting in DEC2013 as a promo code and a message popped up saying that the code will come into effect on the 15th. Since shipping might be $17 bucks for me I'm going to wait until to pick it up (hopefully its a 20% promo). I'm excited to try out one of these cases! I've always wanted to use my phones with a kickstand since the original Evo came out.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone order the Seidio Surface yet? Love using the phone without a case but would like to have a kickstand style case for using at work. Thinking of just picking one up but would like to hear some users thoughts first. The renders make it look thin, but who knows..that's my main concern.

Let us know thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith