Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By npark2012
  • 1 Post By Jeremy8000
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    STOCK

Default Lipstick Charger External Battery - Small, Compact, 3000mAh Review

Hey guys,

Here's another charger review called the Lipstick charger (because it looks like a lipstick, get it?) by Ravpower. I've been testing it out for a few days and it's been going very well. My favorite features is probably the flashlight. It has three modes (High, Low, strobe) I was very surprised at how bright it was when I first turned it on. I've also noticed that the light has a slight, but noticeable, blue tint in the middle area of the light. The battery has a 3,000mAh battery which is good for at least 1 full charge on your phone(s). I own other external battery packs and have found them useful but bulky and hard to carry around if I don't carry a bag. This lipstick charger on the other hand is very small and very compact and can fit in your pockets without it sticking out. I believe this is a good choice for those that don't find the Nexus 5 battery sufficient for their daily usage and don't generally have access to a power outlet to charge. The charger comes with one micro usb cable, no lightning cable (iphone). To charge just plug in a micro usb to the battery and a red light indicator will come up. It also comes with a little removable clip to put on the charger so you can clip it to your belt, bag, or whatnot.

PROS:
    • Small and compact
    • Very light and sturdy build quality
    • Bright flashlight
    • Affordable price
    • Charges device fast (YMMV)
    • 3,000mAh capacity

CONS:
    • Removable clip slips off easily if vertically moved
    • Clip may scratch the device if you put it on and off a lot
    • Wall adapter not included

If you are interested in learning more or to purchase here's the link: Amazon.com: RAVPower Luster Mini 3000mAh Lipstick Charger External Battery Pack Power Bank Charger (Ultra Bright Flashlight with High/Low/Strobe Modes, 5V/1A Output) for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4, iPod (Lightning Cable not Provided); Samsung Galaxy S4,

For those looking for a bigger battery for your new Nexus 5 check these out: Amazon.com: Ravpower: Cell Phones & Accessories

If this helped you please hit that LIKE/THANKS button to show your appreciation!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lipstick Charger External Battery - Small, Compact, 3000mAh Review-img_5854.jpg   Lipstick Charger External Battery - Small, Compact, 3000mAh Review-img_5855.jpg   Lipstick Charger External Battery - Small, Compact, 3000mAh Review-img_5857.jpg   Lipstick Charger External Battery - Small, Compact, 3000mAh Review-img_5862.jpg   Lipstick Charger External Battery - Small, Compact, 3000mAh Review-img_5868.jpg  

Lipstick Charger External Battery - Small, Compact, 3000mAh Review-img_5869.jpg   Lipstick Charger External Battery - Small, Compact, 3000mAh Review-img_5871.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
    Canuckfan, jairusz and ktamondo like this.

Default Re: Lipstick Charger External Battery - Small, Compact, 3000mAh Review

Very nice. I have a couple of larger capacity battery packs I usually have floating around. Waiting on a neat concept that successfully funded on Kickstarter to ship (hoping to see it in the next month or so) for EDC on a keychain for emergency recharge... Not a heck of a lot of storage, but most pocket-friendly 'forget you're carrying it" solution I've seen.

Lipstick Charger External Battery - Small, Compact, 3000mAh Review-026841ffbe900efe3e1271d5140f2118_large.jpg

220mAH won't go far, but should be good for an extra 30 minutes of talk time in an emergency.
    npark2012 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post
    Very nice. I have a couple of larger capacity battery packs I usually have floating around. Waiting on a neat concept that successfully funded on Kickstarter to ship (hoping to see it in the next month or so) for EDC on a keychain for emergency recharge... Not a heck of a lot of storage, but most pocket-friendly 'forget you're carrying it" solution I've seen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	026841ffbe900efe3e1271d5140f2118_large.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	90429

220mAH won't go far, but should be good for an extra 30 minutes of talk time in an emergency.
    That could go hand in hand with the lipstick one!

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8000 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	026841ffbe900efe3e1271d5140f2118_large.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	90429

i like that it looks like a gas can

Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    i like that it looks like a gas can
    Yep - it's even called "Fuel." For my purposes, it can reside on my keychain with my other assortment of tiny items you forget you're carrying until you suddenly, urgently need them

The problem with all of these devices is the very high likelihood that when you really, absolutely, positively need it - you find out that it is totally discharged and therefore useless.

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    The problem with all of these devices is the very high likelihood that when you really, absolutely, positively need it - you find out that it is totally discharged and therefore useless.
    Pretty sure I'd read somewhere that typical self-discharge rates on Li-ion cells was only something like 10-20%/year. I know I have a larger, older battery pack I went to use after it'd been sitting in a desk for at least 6 months and it still indicated full charge.

Could you measure the amount of mA your phone receives when charging from the battery pack. I have using CurrentWidget to measure.