jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

alis123

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi the case is looking nice.....have you got that one..??
If you have this case then can you post some pics of it with your N5 as mine N5 will arrive by tomorrow...So I am just wondering to go for this one...as I have not found any other better cases for N5...

Binh Lam

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I would love to know this too since i've got my eye on that Ringke slim case as well. The price seems very affordable, so im wondering how good it can be. Haven't found anything in terms of reviews aside from Amazon comments.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I did end up ordering it, but my phone arrived ahead of the case. Once I get it in, I can post it for show. :)

Kaenon11

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine 11/1, electronic shipping info. received on 11/2...

Haven't had any updates since. Got the phone yesterday. Ordered another case in the mean time...

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
^^^Nice find on that review. The top and bottom does concern me some. I'm fairly careful with my phone, so I don't drop it too often.

Ordered another case in the mean time...

I ordered the Spigen Ultra Hybrid earlier than the Ringke, so I'll likely get that one first. I'll have to see how each case feels and decide which one I'll use more on a daily basis.

ziggy682

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
That's my review video. I was a big fan of the Ringke Slim case for my Nexus 4. When I first got this case, I was pretty disappointed at the sharp edges at the seam. It was very uncomfortable to hold, so I took some 1000 then 2500 grit sandpaper to it. That fixed it right up, and the case feels great now. I'm really liking it a lot after sanding, and will definitely be keeping it on my phone. The review would have been way more positive if it weren't for pretty poor manufacturing finish on Rearth's part. I guess I can't complain too much for a case that costs $10 shipped.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
That's my review video. I was a big fan of the Ringke Slim case for my Nexus 4. When I first got this case, I was pretty disappointed at the sharp edges at the seam. It was very uncomfortable to hold, so I took some 1000 then 2500 grit sandpaper to it. That fixed it right up, and the case feels great now. I'm really liking it a lot after sanding, and will definitely be keeping it on my phone. The review would have been way more positive if it weren't for pretty poor manufacturing finish on Rearth's part. I guess I can't complain too much for a case that costs $10 shipped.

I had posted in your comments...I can speak for everyone here that we appreciate you for putting up a review. :) I'll check my case when it shows, but I'll try your suggestion of sanding some of the edging if I run into the same issues. Yeah, I can't complain either considering the cost of the case, and because of that cost, I did buy the Spigen Ultra Hybrid to switch with it from time to time.

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got this same case. I'll post some pics later. I'm generally not a case guy, but I really don't want to have to replace this phone. (I went through 2 N4s)

Last edited:

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I did get the case today, and put it on. I don't have another phone/camera free to take pics with the case already on my phone, so these pics of the case by itself will have to do for now. It does fit very snugly, and it's so slim, you could barely tell it's there. ziggy682 is correct that there's some sharp edges (around both the volume buttons and power button), so I'll get some 1500 grit sandpaper to smoothen them up when I get a chance. The front part of the top and bottom are exposed, so that may be a concern with some of you if you are looking for a case with full protection.

Attachments

• IMG_20131113_125420.jpg
    IMG_20131113_125420.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20131113_125447.jpg
    IMG_20131113_125447.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 110

Binh Lam

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I concur with previous comments about this case. Aside from the sharp edges around the volume and power button, the case is very nice and comfortable to hold. Also the edges around the USB port and headphone jack could use a little sanding too. I recommend doing this before you have it on the phone, as it can be a bit hard to get it off the phone. For me, its definitely a must do, as you will be reminded of the sharp corners everytime you handle it.

I used a small file to do it which makes the work a bit faster. And yes, it DOES remove the softrubber coating when you do this, but unless you're upclose and really looking for it, its hard to see the border wear the rubber coating meets the plastic, so overall it looks pretty seamless and not ghetto looking. However, the case does have a seam-line all around the case. It's fairly minor and doesn't make it uncomfortable, but is noticeable in your hand. It shows that the quality could be a bit better. I suppose you could sand it down too, but not without removing a lot of rubber coating in the process.

The softrubber is a bit smoother and less grippy than the N5 back. It retains the silky feeling, but is still a finger print magnet if you have oily hands.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's a couple of more pictures with the case on. Please don't mind the picture quality from my wife's Galaxy S4. :p

Attachments

• 20131115_002419.jpg
    20131115_002419.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 560
  • 20131115_002705.jpg
    20131115_002705.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 560

TURBOSPARTAN

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Any updates on these? How are they working?
One of the Amazon comments suggest that the case is too tight, and can actually rub the coating off of your phone. Anyone experiencing this?

Binh Lam

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The case is pretty tight and a bit hard to remove. I would recommend against putting it on and off regularly because i can imagine that it would rub the coating off the phone if you do this too many times. The corner lid of the phone is where it will tend to catch onto if you are not careful while taking it off. The first time i took it off, i noticed that it partially pried off the corner lid of the phone; no damage though.

Once the case is on there is no sliding or rubbing motion between the case and the phone. I would not worry about that if you are just planning to leave it in the case. Just got to be extra careful taking it off.

I would recommend that you immediately sand down the sharp edges of the case when you get (if you feel necessary). Don't put it on the phone and then later decide you want to do it because then you'll have to deal with taking off the case.

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, my case arrived and had no sharp edges, so maybe this is being addressed in manufacturing. Absolutely love the case and how unobtrusive it is. This case with the Nillkin glass screen protector is the perfect combination.

It also works well with the Google wireless charger.

Posted via Android Central App

joselito76

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I got the white one and I like the combination black and white. My only complaint is that is a pain to get it off I almost remove the phone back cover removing it.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia