Jumpy volume; Nexus 5 and UE Boom

jephf

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a heck of a time getting my Nexus 5 and UE Boom to play nice. The main problem is that something is forcing bluetooth volume to max, which results in a painfully/embarrassingly loud booming of music through my office halls. NOT a good thing.

To add to the issue, the only reasonable volume level with the pair is 1. The lowest possible volume setting. Anything else is too loud for the workplace, so you get a pretty good idea how much of a problem it is to have it forcing volume level of, essentially, 11. This is NOT Spinal Tap.

Has anyone else had any high volume issues? Anyone else using Nexus 5 with a UE Boom? I've tried a few volume control apps, but no luck.

Love the Nexus 5, but this is killing me. My old EVO LTE works perfectly well with the UE Boom, leaving me in control of the volume.

nevalk

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Nexus 5 + UE Boom. It appears to be app specific, games and Pandora only have mute or MAX volume for me. Rhapsody however works fine. I am guessing we will have to wait weeks/months for a bluetooth fix.

bunnylebowsk1

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
ditto for me too. just updated and can't control the volume on my ihome Bluetooth speaker anymore. total bummer, brought it down to mexico to use while I am here for work for a month and don't have amy other way to play music. going to try to download an equalizer app to try to control it at all as it is unusable on the one volume setting (painfully loud).

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This is a problem with kitkat. Search the regular Nexus 5 forum (not Accessories) for a thread titled "Nexus 5 bluetooth, audio to go deaf for"

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith