Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Joe the Insider
  • 1 Post By dazzer87
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By Joe the Insider
  • 1 Post By indianajonze
  • 2 Post By TheDoctor 46
  • 1 Post By junglejunkie
  • 2 Post By alltechinside
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case ULTRA HYBRID

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has order this case at all, and if so what is your opinion on it? Also if you haven't purchased this case but a great case none the less please link me and let me know. I've been burner a couple times now with random cases and I just want extinguish the fire before it starts. Plus the Play store's cases are ungodly expensive for what they are!
    Thank you in advanced!!

Amazon.com: [AIR CUSHION] SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case ULTRA HYBRID [Black] Bumper Case with Anti-Scratch Clear Back Panel + [1 FREE Premium Japanese Screen Protector & 2 FREE Graphics] for Nexus 5 - ECO-Friendly Package - Black (SGP10609): Cell Phones

Default Re: SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case ULTRA HYBRID

I just received mine today. Fits nice and looks nice. The button's are very sensitive though. Other than that it's well worth the money.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Blake Mead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe the Insider View Post
    I just received mine today. Fits nice and looks nice. The button's are very sensitive though. Other than that it's well worth the money.

Same here. When i first got it i noticed the clear back had scratches. I know that its only a 10 bucks case, but didnt expect scratches. Just found out tonight reading the reviews on amazon that you have to take off the protective film that is on both side. Overall, great case for the price. but you are right button's are very sensitive.
    Blake Mead likes this.

Will this case work with wireless chargers?

Global Posts
    13,715 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad H View Post
    Will this case work with wireless chargers?
    I've heard that this type of case shouldn't interfere with wireless charging. I purchased the Neo-Hybrid and will be getting a wireless charger in the coming weeks for work.
    Blake Mead likes this.

I can confirm that wireless charging works with this case.

ConTejas likes this.

it works with the neo hybrid too fwiw
    Blake Mead likes this.

Ordered it. Didn't like it and returned it. Very scratchable and the buttons were to flush and offered no real feedback.
    I'll probably just order the google case when it's in stock. In the mean time, i'm really enjoying the phone without a case.
    jairusz and Blake Mead like this.

Global Posts
    633 Global Posts
    Carrier
    4.1.2 Stock Rooted

This is the case that I am currently using. I am not crazy about it. I do like the way it looks, but there is not enough delineation for the buttons. I have a hard time "feeling" the buttons without looking at the phone/case. I also think that the phone feels better in the hand naked vs in this case. This case feels too angular for me.

All of this is personal opinion though, you may LOVE it!
    Blake Mead likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by junglejunkie View Post
    This is the case that I am currently using. I am not crazy about it. I do like the way it looks, but there is not enough delineation for the buttons. I have a hard time "feeling" the buttons without looking at the phone/case. I also think that the phone feels better in the hand naked vs in this case. This case feels too angular for me.

All of this is personal opinion though, you may LOVE it!
    Did you use the inserts that came with it?

Had the case for a week and its going back. The volume rocker is too sensitive in landscape mode

Posted via Android Central App

I got this case a couple of days ago. I do have a video of it if you guys want to check it out:

To summarize, the case is well worth $10. The bumper protects your phone well because it is wrapped around your phone. The back doesn't looks the best, but it looks better than the pictures I've seen. If you do want a more premium back, get the Neo Hybrid.
    Blake Mead and Nirvana328 like this.

I received this case today... I could not for the life of me find the protective film to peel it off (I was also slightly pissed that there were scratches!). Thanks for posting the vid, the case looks awesome!

Hi all,
    I am a proud owner of a Nexus 5 and am absolutely lovin' it. The Ultra Hybrid Case doesn't interfere with my wireless charger. I have a LG WCP 300 Chinese bootleg version.
    The case has great corner protection and doesn't make it too big... I wasn't sure about this since lots of ppl were saying that it make the phone huge. I gladly take that into account for this stylish case!
    1 3/4 Thumbs up from me for the Ultra Hybrid from Spigen

I got rid of my Spigen ultra hybrid case. It wasn't bad, I just didn't me it so much. But I did pick up the cruzerlite android experience case and I liked it so much, I bought one for my Nexus 7 as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

It's not a bad case.. I don't like how from the headphone jack and the USB port at the bottom there is so much room that dust easily gets in and under the case.... You can see specs of dust at the bottom and top of the case behind the clear plastic backing... Mildly annoying.. and as someone else pointed out the buttons are more sensitive with this case on... Every time I power the phone on after getting the case I accidentally turn the volume down at the same time... Every single time unless I make sure I go out of my way to make sure my hand/fingers are perfectly placed before I power the screen on... Only thing I miss about my GS3 is the physical "Home" button... I don't like the idea of a physical home button but it worked great for powering the phone on without hitting the volume rockers as well... I'll probably switch over to a bumper case from the play store.... Overall it's not a bad case.. minimal bulk or weight added.... Made the phone feel less slippery than without the case...

Looks good and can't really beat it for the price. But like others have said, the buttons are a tad too easy to press with it on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I bought the case and I must say I am pretty impressed with the case especially only paying around $13 after shipping. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind a scratch here or there on the clear plastic just from everyday wear and tear after removing the protective films.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

This case decision is going to drive me nuts...So many different opinions!

The Sup Case is really good too. I just got one in the mail. I'm still going to use my Android Experience Cruzerlite case, but the SupCase would be a great back up. Fits perfectly.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

this is a great case for $9 (also comes with 2 gfx and screen protector). i was very amazed at the quality. The clear back is super clean and nice. the volume is only a little sensitive, but i think ill manage. i feel like it doesnt add much bulk and actually makes the phone feel more sturdier to hold. cheaper here:

SPIGEN SGP Ultra Hybrid Case Black for Nexus 5 | eBay

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Can this case survive a drop good enough?

Posted via Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Android 4.2.2)