SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case ULTRA HYBRID

Blake Mead

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has order this case at all, and if so what is your opinion on it? Also if you haven't purchased this case but a great case none the less please link me and let me know. I've been burner a couple times now with random cases and I just want extinguish the fire before it starts. Plus the Play store's cases are ungodly expensive for what they are!
Thank you in advanced!!

Amazon.com: [AIR CUSHION] SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case ULTRA HYBRID [Black] Bumper Case with Anti-Scratch Clear Back Panel + [1 FREE Premium Japanese Screen Protector & 2 FREE Graphics] for Nexus 5 - ECO-Friendly Package - Black (SGP10609): Cell Phones

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I just received mine today. Fits nice and looks nice. The button's are very sensitive though. Other than that it's well worth the money.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I just received mine today. Fits nice and looks nice. The button's are very sensitive though. Other than that it's well worth the money.

Same here. When i first got it i noticed the clear back had scratches. I know that its only a 10 bucks case, but didnt expect scratches. Just found out tonight reading the reviews on amazon that you have to take off the protective film that is on both side. Overall, great case for the price. but you are right button's are very sensitive.

TheDoctor 46

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Ordered it. Didn't like it and returned it. Very scratchable and the buttons were to flush and offered no real feedback.
I'll probably just order the google case when it's in stock. In the mean time, i'm really enjoying the phone without a case.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This is the case that I am currently using. I am not crazy about it. I do like the way it looks, but there is not enough delineation for the buttons. I have a hard time "feeling" the buttons without looking at the phone/case. I also think that the phone feels better in the hand naked vs in this case. This case feels too angular for me.

All of this is personal opinion though, you may LOVE it!

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
This is the case that I am currently using. I am not crazy about it. I do like the way it looks, but there is not enough delineation for the buttons. I have a hard time "feeling" the buttons without looking at the phone/case. I also think that the phone feels better in the hand naked vs in this case. This case feels too angular for me.

All of this is personal opinion though, you may LOVE it!

Did you use the inserts that came with it?

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Had the case for a week and its going back. The volume rocker is too sensitive in landscape mode

Posted via Android Central App

alltechinside

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I got this case a couple of days ago. I do have a video of it if you guys want to check it out:

To summarize, the case is well worth $10. The bumper protects your phone well because it is wrapped around your phone. The back doesn't looks the best, but it looks better than the pictures I've seen. If you do want a more premium back, get the Neo Hybrid.

nexusbandwagon

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I received this case today... I could not for the life of me find the protective film to peel it off (I was also slightly pissed that there were scratches!). Thanks for posting the vid, the case looks awesome! :D

dietrich78

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I am a proud owner of a Nexus 5 and am absolutely lovin' it. The Ultra Hybrid Case doesn't interfere with my wireless charger. I have a LG WCP 300 Chinese bootleg version.
The case has great corner protection and doesn't make it too big... I wasn't sure about this since lots of ppl were saying that it make the phone huge. I gladly take that into account for this stylish case!
1 3/4 Thumbs up from me for the Ultra Hybrid from Spigen

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I got rid of my Spigen ultra hybrid case. It wasn't bad, I just didn't me it so much. But I did pick up the cruzerlite android experience case and I liked it so much, I bought one for my Nexus 7 as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's not a bad case.. I don't like how from the headphone jack and the USB port at the bottom there is so much room that dust easily gets in and under the case.... You can see specs of dust at the bottom and top of the case behind the clear plastic backing... Mildly annoying.. and as someone else pointed out the buttons are more sensitive with this case on... Every time I power the phone on after getting the case I accidentally turn the volume down at the same time... Every single time unless I make sure I go out of my way to make sure my hand/fingers are perfectly placed before I power the screen on... Only thing I miss about my GS3 is the physical "Home" button... I don't like the idea of a physical home button but it worked great for powering the phone on without hitting the volume rockers as well... I'll probably switch over to a bumper case from the play store.... Overall it's not a bad case.. minimal bulk or weight added.... Made the phone feel less slippery than without the case...

Blake Mead

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought the case and I must say I am pretty impressed with the case especially only paying around $13 after shipping. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind a scratch here or there on the clear plastic just from everyday wear and tear after removing the protective films.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The Sup Case is really good too. I just got one in the mail. I'm still going to use my Android Experience Cruzerlite case, but the SupCase would be a great back up. Fits perfectly.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2