QI Wireless charging pads

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I've had this a couple of months now. Works great, unit charges via micro-USB (adapter not included) and can charge devices via Qi or output through USB port.

RandomNickname

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had this a couple of months now. Works great, unit charges via micro-USB (adapter not included) and can charge devices via Qi or output through USB port.

I thought about getting this, but had a question:

Can you use it as a plugged-in Qi Charger too, or will that ream out it's internal battery? Just curious if when you have it plugged in, after the powerbank is charged, it will bypass it to charge the phone directly from the wall, or does it continuously dischrge the powerbank to the phone, and recharge itself? I would think that would cause the battery to wear out quickly, and I don't want to be doing that.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought about getting this, but had a question:

Can you use it as a plugged-in Qi Charger too, or will that ream out it's internal battery? Just curious if when you have it plugged in, after the powerbank is charged, it will bypass it to charge the phone directly from the wall, or does it continuously dischrge the powerbank to the phone, and recharge itself? I would think that would cause the battery to wear out quickly, and I don't want to be doing that.

You can charge your phone wirelessly with it plugged in with no concern.

Basically, if the LuguLake is connected to AC via the micro-USB, you can only charge a device wirelessly -- the USB output is disabled.
If the micro-USB is disconnected, you can charge a device wirelessly or via the USB output. It will actually output power to both simultaneously (I tested it with my N5 and N7), though I suspect that might not be the wisest thing to do.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use a Tylt, and I love it. Expensive, but for my desk at work, it's ideal. Doesn't need a special orientation or anything, and the angle the phone sits at is great for reading.

TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger

Posted via Android Central App

Second this Qi Charger... Love it for my desk at work... Seems to charge super fast.. I use the older Nexus 4 charging orb at home... Also this one works pretty good with the Nexus 7 as well.. As far as pricey I can bet you whenever the actually put the Nexus 5 Qi charger up for sale it will be in the $60 - 70 range as well..... Make sure you order this directly from the MFG at the link as it's $30 cheaper than Amazon or other retailers....

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I use a Tylt, and I love it. Expensive, but for my desk at work, it's ideal. Doesn't need a special orientation or anything, and the angle the phone sits at is great for reading.

TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger

Posted via Android Central App

While it's not my personal preference, those interested in the Tylt should check out T-mobile's current deal on it (use promo code "ACCOFFER18" at checkout).
$48.99 with free shipping.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 of the Nokia dt900 from att for $18 each. Pretty good, except it obviously takes a good while longer to charge compared to charging with USB. Tempted to buy the one from Google.

Templar

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have two of the following:
Amazon.com: PowerBot? PB1020 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger Inductive Charging Pad Station for All Qi Standard Compatible Devices Including Samsung, iPhone, Nokia, Google, Nexus, LG, HTC and Other Smartphones with Receivers (AC Adapter Excluded. 2 x Mic
They were $14.99 when I bought them but they are creeping up in price.... work well with spigen thin on my nexus 5 and way less sensitive than the official google qi charger.

They come in a bunch of color combinations and take a standard Micro usb. There are two cables but no actual charger included.

Last edited: