Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kgbkny
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nillkin Glass Protector for N5

First show up on eBay today, starting at about $18
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Nillkin Glass Protector for N5

Just installed on my 2nd phone. I feel the Nillkin is slightly stiffer and thicker than the Spigen GLAS t before installation (0.3 versus 0.26mm), but couldn't tell the difference once it is on. The Nillkin is about 1 mm smaller than the screen size and has rounded edge which made it easy to align. It also spread out evenly with no trapped bubble.

Here is the kicker, no finger print left on the Nillkin screen while the Spigen left all kind of finger oil marks on it. Touch response wise, I don't feel any difference before and after.

I have tried scratching the Nillkin screen with knife and it left no mark whatsoever. So it appears to be the real hard glass. Sorry guys, I am not going to drop test my phone, nor hit it with a hammer for you.

Thanks for the review think I'll get one to replace my Orzly one which didn't stick correctly.

Awesome, I think I'll give it a try. I saw it on ebay but was highly skeptical.

Pretty much same price at Amazon (though not via Prime) but would be covered by their A-to-Z Guarantee
    Amazon.com: Nillkin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Front Screen Protectors for Google Nexus 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

Okay, I pulled the trigger on this. Do you guys still have good things to stay about the Nillkin?

Have you tried using this with a case yet? More specifically, something like a Spigen Slim Armour?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just installed this, and got it within 4 days, also had no problem using the ultra fit case from spigen and the supcase Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid .

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

Been using it with the Ringke Slim case. Great screen protector, nice and slick, very easy to center and install. With the Ringke case, the phone feels like it's naked. Screen responsiveness is fantastic.

A couple keys towards a good install. Turn the shower on in the bathroom. Let it get nice and steamy. Clean the screen with the provided wet-wipe, and dry with the provided dry-wipe. Center it on the screen, and swipe your finger across it diagonally. If it's not perfectly centered, carefully lift up on the corner, and reapply.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

I just finished installing my Nillkin screen protector. It's definitely a top quality product and only took a minute to install. It's perfectly compatible with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case.
    Phone:
    Nexus 5
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition

Tablet:
    Nexus 10
    Thanked by:
    Gwaron 
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Just received a replacement from Spigen. They sent me a GLAS t Nano Slim to replace a Glas t Air. Got it installed successfully. Like the Nillkin, the Nano slim is slightly smaller than the Nexus screen, and has Oleophobic coating. So at least I got something useful for my 28 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 6packer View Post
    Just received a replacement from Spigen. They sent me a GLAS t Nano Slim to replace a Glas t Air. Got it installed successfully. Like the Nillkin, the Nano slim is slightly smaller than the Nexus screen, and has Oleophobic coating. So at least I got something useful for my 28 bucks.
    I'm interested in getting one of these glass protectors, would you say Nillkin is the better one to go for? or the Spigen T nano?

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

For those of you who have gone the Spigen route - Any thoughts on GLAS.tR vs GLAS.t? .t is thinner but the rounded edges sound nice.

I've been wanting to buy but was nervous of the price. A friend gave me an Amazon card for Christmas and I'm ready to pull the trigger now.

Hi .. i have a Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case for my Nexus 5.. but now looking at a small 'splinter' on my nexus screen...i'm afraid it might break with the slightest pressure. Keen on getting a shatterproof screen protector.. immediately. Do you think a Nillkin 9H Screen Protector would 'fit' with my Cruzerlite Bugdroid Circuit Case? Appreciate any thoughtful suggestions.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Yeah it'll fit without an issue. I have several Cruzerlite cases and the Nilikin glass screen protector and don't have any issues. The screen protector is just ever so slightly smaller than the N5 screen allowing enough room for the lip of the Cruzerlite cases without any lifting of the glass protector.

Just checked on my Nillikin order via Amazon. It has just shipped............from China! Estimated date of delivery......1/20-2/7! I guess they're in demand.
    Stock Android on N4, N5, N7
    "........another day on the farm!"
    Bob W.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

My Spigen Glas.tR Nano Slim came today and I have to say that my initial reaction is pretty great. It was easy to install and give the phone a nice look.

Hopefully it holds up over time.

Nillkin Glass Protector for N5-img_0174.jpg

Nillkin Glass Protector for N5-img_0173.jpg

That's great. I finished installing in my nexus5. I think it's better than any other screen protectors. I'm using it currently, no problem at all. Very easy to install and it has no problem in touch also. What's about you? I ordered it from

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Is the Nillkin that you bought comes with a clear protector for the camera? I think I saw something on the picture on ebay that it comes with it, if so is it glass too or just regular clear plastic? also how many?

It does come with small circles (hard plastic) for the camera -- two, if I recall correctly. Pretty tough to get that on just right (though the actual screen glass was a breeze), and not quite edge to edge, but that's mostly an aesthetic issue - even if not centered perfectly, it'll protect the glass covering the actual sensor.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thank you Jeremy8000.

I am really interested on just the clear protector for the camera as I will put on a dbrand skin on the back, but I still want to have same look for the camera on the back, but I think $12 is too much just for the camera protector, I already have a MIME installed on the front, anyone here had a luck on buying just the protector for the camera? Thanks in advance