1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus Wireless charger doesn't wirelessly charge my Nexus 5

Hello,
    I think I'm the only one who is experiencing this issue, so I suppose its just me doing something wrong.
    Basically, I just got my wireless charger for my Nexus 5. I ordered it from Amazon and it was delivered to the UK. I unboxed it and the first thing I did is I tried it. A plugged it into my power source (note: I didn't use the original plug as the original was made for US sockets). The red LED came on and I put my phone on it. Then nothing happened. It didn't charge. I used different USBs and different plugs, but nothing happens. When I put my phone on the pad it just doesn't charge it.
    Anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have a fix?
    Help will be highly appreciated

Default Re: Nexus Wireless charger doesn't wirelessly charge my Nexus 5

There's another thread mentioning that the charger doesn't play nice with other usb cables. I'd assume the same could be said for switching the plug. That's my guess. Good luck!
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Red light means something is wrong. When plugged in and working properly the red light is off.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Got it sorted. I asked my friend for an adapter for the plug and it worked. Looks like this charger is really picky about what cable and what plug you use.
    Anyway. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Same here, most of the time the Google wireless charger will not start charging my Nexus 5. The Nokia charger I had did it every time(until it broke). Same deal with another Nexus charger I have at work. It can't be defective on 2 units, this is some kind of design flaw. Very disappointed in Google as I've spent $100 on 2 chargers.

The red light means that there is not enough power in the wireless charger to charge your phone