Nexus Wireless charger doesn't wirelessly charge my Nexus 5

tarasmuz

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I think I'm the only one who is experiencing this issue, so I suppose its just me doing something wrong.
Basically, I just got my wireless charger for my Nexus 5. I ordered it from Amazon and it was delivered to the UK. I unboxed it and the first thing I did is I tried it. A plugged it into my power source (note: I didn't use the original plug as the original was made for US sockets). The red LED came on and I put my phone on it. Then nothing happened. It didn't charge. I used different USBs and different plugs, but nothing happens. When I put my phone on the pad it just doesn't charge it.
Anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have a fix?
Help will be highly appreciated :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There's another thread mentioning that the charger doesn't play nice with other usb cables. I'd assume the same could be said for switching the plug. That's my guess. Good luck!

tarasmuz

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Got it sorted. I asked my friend for an adapter for the plug and it worked. Looks like this charger is really picky about what cable and what plug you use.
Anyway. Thanks to everyone who helped.

smoledman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Same here, most of the time the Google wireless charger will not start charging my Nexus 5. The Nokia charger I had did it every time(until it broke). Same deal with another Nexus charger I have at work. It can't be defective on 2 units, this is some kind of design flaw. Very disappointed in Google as I've spent $100 on 2 chargers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz