Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: Nexus 5: Anker's Tempered Glass Screen Protector $15.99

Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    who buys screen protector at a cost of screen clarity or performance? are you guys implying that cheap screen protectors fall behind name brand products as far as clarity/performance? my cheapo product works, you guys enjoy your $16 protector.
    Ha ha! The point is that we're not buying it at a cost of clarity or performance. (There is a slight decrease with the good quality protectors, but barely perceptible.)

However, you have told us that your protector is scratched. This affects your visual and tactile performance, and possibly your response.

I make no claims about brand names; only that what I have (the Screen Knight) has been near-perfect with a small difference in textile feel, and the Anker glass appears to have a better tactile feel, stronger protection, at a marginal cost of vision.

As I said in my previous post, it is entirely your decision how you want to go. If you're happy with a scratched surface, your protector is ideal for you. I personally prefer to spend a little extra. YMMV
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    who buys screen protector at a cost of screen clarity or performance? are you guys implying that cheap screen protectors fall behind name brand products as far as clarity/performance? my cheapo product works, you guys enjoy your $16 protector.
    We're not here to be mean to you about your choices or anything like that. What I'm simply trying to say is that if you spend a little more you get both good protection as well as clarity. For you your $5 protector is clear but it has little protection. The more scratches it gets the lower the clarity will be to the point where you have to replace it. If you spent the money for a better screen protection as I did you won't have to worry about replacing it in a long time. The clarity is still as clear as without a protector, and the performance (scratch resistance, fingerprint, dirt, etc.) is absolutely the same as without a screen protector, if not better (without risking scratching the ACTUAL screen).

I've been there, I used to buy a lot of cheap screen protectors from eBay and such for $3-6, but now that I took the jump to buy a glass one, I will never go back. And believe me, I am enjoying my $16 glass screen protector very much.

My plastic protector finally started to get marked with a slight drag, sooner than I had expected.

I purchased the Mocolo tempered glass; the same specs as the Anker, but slightly thicker.

It's been a bit more than a week since I replaced the plastic protector with the glass one, and I am pleased with the results.

The glass is smooth, without any of the drag that the plastic cover gave. The visibility is better, and the fingerprint marks are less obvious (most of the time I don't see them). Its responsiveness is perfect; it responds to the lightest touch.

I shall definitely always get a glass protector from now on.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12