Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ice_Cold_Q
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is this?

mrsmumbles likes this.

Default Re: What is this?

Looks like a hard shell case. Anything odd about it? I guess the image just looks like an N5 without a case, but presumably their case makes the phone retain its overall look.

Like said, it's just a hard shell case. This one has the nexus and LG logos on the back, and maintains the same shape of the phone. Looks pretty nice to me!

Posted via Android Central App

Cool idea really. Maintain the original look but gives it extra protection

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador

When I get my Nexus 5 (hopefully next week)(woohoo!), I'll probably look into a hardshell case like that. This one on ShopAndroid looks good: MYBAT Hard Shell Case for LG Nexus 5 - Android Cases
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    When I get my Nexus 5 (hopefully next week)(woohoo!), I'll probably look into a hardshell case like that. This one on ShopAndroid looks good: MYBAT Hard Shell Case for LG Nexus 5 - Android Cases
    That does look good, I want one for my nexus 5 that had the logo on it - I'll probably go for the one that was posted by the thread OP

Yeah, it looks like the one from the OP is an official LG product. I wonder if it'll be back in stock soon, or if it's perpetually out of stock?

Nice cases.

Stock Android on N4, N5, N7
    "........another day on the farm!"
    Bob W.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

What I really meant was why has this case been hidden all this time? and why aint it being sold through the play store officially? at first i thought it was fake and someone just photo shopped it in seeing as it is the LG quickcover case without the quickcover. Also i think right now its only available to canadian and american customers which is not good for me in the U.K. THis case is ideal for what I'm looking for

Yeah, it looks like the one from the OP is an official LG product. I wonder if it'll be back in stock soon, or if it's perpetually out of stock?
    Looks like it is - not a bad price for an official product either!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice_Cold_Q View Post
    What I really meant was why has this case been hidden all this time? and why aint it being sold through the play store officially? at first i thought it was fake and someone just photo shopped it in seeing as it is the LG quickcover case without the quickcover. Also i think right now its only available to canadian and american customers which is not good for me in the U.K. THis case is ideal for what I'm looking for
    I think what you posted is the same as the official Nexus 5 bumper sold in the Play Store.

It's much cheaper in the link you posted, which is probably why it's sold out. I would also wonder how legit that ad is, since it has very few details. Maybe if you ordered it, what you got might be different than how it looks in the picture.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I think what you posted is the same as the official Nexus 5 bumper sold in the Play Store.

It's much cheaper in the link you posted, which is probably why it's sold out. I would also wonder how legit that ad is, since it has very few details. Maybe if you ordered it, what you got might be different than how it looks in the picture.

what I posted and what you just posted are two different items, and the one i posted I have never ever seen it anywhere advertised and what not

Yeah, on closer examination I can see that you're right. I just figured that what you posted must still have been some official N5 case from Google and/or LG, considering the image has the Nexus and LG logos. Hope you figure it out!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    513 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Would buy but out of stock 😢

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I dont want this case anymore, I've currently got a hardshell case and i don't like the fell of it, and they don't really add much protection to your phone relative to what your paying for and what the point of a case is, imma stick with TPU, the green cruzerlite bugdroid, superb case....thinking of ordering another one

agreed, I have the Spigen hardshell thin white case. It's really slippery. Within the first five minutes of having it on, I almost dropped it five times.