Nexus 5 OEM Bumper Case - Loose fit?

Justin DeTolla

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I recently ordered the black N5 OEM Bumper Case, as I like the minimalist look and still has the Nexus ID on it. I also watched/read through a ton of reviews, and noted how everyone kept saying you can't find a better, more snug, fitting case.

However, the case that I received in the mail seems to be loose across the entire bottom lip of the screen.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm returning mine, but am contemplating ordering another, as I really do like it overall.

For 35 dollars, and coming from Google directly, I expected it to fit perfectly.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My response from the other post where you asked this:

It is a little flimsier along the bottom edge, but that's due to the cutout for the USB port. Most all cases I've owned that are made of a softer material will suffer from this. There's just less rigidity in the areas where openings are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
It will be less rigid at the bottom for several reasons: one being the opening which means physically less material and therefore more flexibility....the other being that you need to be able to get the phone in and out of the case so there has to be 'play' somewhere. Having said that it should hold its shape and not move around.

p g p

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
My response from the other post where you asked this:

It is a little flimsier along the bottom edge, but that's due to the cutout for the USB port. Most all cases I've owned that are made of a softer material will suffer from this. There's just less rigidity in the areas where openings are.

Same here: it isn't loose, since the phone perfectly adheres to it, it's just a bit less rigid than the other sides, but that's normal, because the case is made of two different material: a rigid one which protects the back and two sides of the phone (physical buttons excepted), and a softer one which covers the upper and bottom sides, the internal part of the back, the screen bezel and the volume/wake keys.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084