nexus 5 trouble downloading apps pls help

Ben Stearman

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
so new phone, everything seemed like it was downloading fine and putting apps on there like this crappy dragon game and sky sports, then as i tried another app you can see it starts to download, it then gets up to around 90% or fully downloads it then it just goes off like i cancelled it or says installing which will last for ages. I will then get bored of waiting and go on an app or something and then when i look back at it, no message to say installing so i think great its done.... but nowhere to be found and needs downloading again. sorry for the bad language but its pissing me off big time. need advise pls help.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
try -

1. Settings-->Accounts--->Google-->Remove Account--->Reboot
2. Re-Add Google Account

if all else fails - do a hard reset back to factory fresh state and manually resync/reinstall everything.

good luck.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
so new phone, everything seemed like it was downloading fine and putting apps on there like this crappy dragon game and sky sports, then as i tried another app you can see it starts to download, it then gets up to around 90% or fully downloads it then it just goes off like i cancelled it or says installing which will last for ages. I will then get bored of waiting and go on an app or something and then when i look back at it, no message to say installing so i think great its done.... but nowhere to be found and needs downloading again. sorry for the bad language but its pissing me off big time. need advise pls help.

Welcome to the forums!
It may be one of two things. Something is up with the app in Play. Have you tried downloading it on a different device? Or, sometimes, I find apps download and install better on WiFi. No idea why, but sometimes it's better that way.

Ben Stearman

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
well its my wifi at home worked the first 2 times then i tried downloading a game but couldnt find the right one so deleted two versions of it, then found the right one and thats when it started happening.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
then i tried downloading a game but couldnt find the right one so deleted two versions of it, then found the right one and thats when it started happening.

Could you maybe explain that a little more? Deleted how? What is the name of the app?

Mark Doyle1

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I just a bought a new Nexus 5 and have downloaded a bunch of apps. However, suddenly it won't download any more apps. I just get a thin blue line going across the screen that looks like its downloading but it never completes and it doesn't show me how far along it is. I have tried shutting down etc. Any suggestions? Thanks much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae