Nexus 5 Headphones with Mic

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Can somoene recommend a set of headphones which have a microphone on them which is compatible with the N5. I am after a pair of standard earbud style ones and not in-ear ones.

Thanks in advance :)

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair, they don't work properly. I can answer calls but not turn the volume up or down. The sound quality is also poor with them when it wasn't with my iPhone which is strange..

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I specifically want a headphones with a mic and the volume up and down. I had a pair that came with my old sgs3 that had a volume up and down. I might just get another pair of those to see if they work.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I personally have never tried them I always see Kipsch S4 being recommended.

Me. I don't include EarBuds when I sell my Super Phones because I either lose or break them like I did with my hTc One. I still have 6 pairs at the moment, latest is from Sony XPERIA Z Ultra. Apple's new EarPods is the worst.

IMO the OEM's are good enough, can't bother spending money on it. I'm currently using the LG G2.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I specifically want a headphones with a mic and the volume up and down. I had a pair that came with my old sgs3 that had a volume up and down. I might just get another pair of those to see if they work.

That is because Samsung added something to allow that. Stock Android will not use the volume controls of wired headsets.

sheppy1

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Well I found a pair of HTC headphones for ?5 on eBay. Apparently all functions work with the n5. I have also found an app which allows you to make the fast forward and rewind buttons change the volume instead. Just waiting for them to come :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The volume controls on my Nokia headphones work perfectly with my Nexus 5.

I don't doubt that. Nokia does/did things a little differently as well. On that note, I wish Android Central would do a piece on wired headsets and controls. (You'll note none of them in the store here have volume controls.) I'm not going to go out and spend money just based on some user's recommendation..... no offense. :)

Bumble

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site

I have the Samsung headphones from the S4 that I purchased on amazon and the volume controls work on these. Here's the link, I used one of the prime sellers.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DNK9WR...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3417053

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I bought some Samsung white in-ear earphones. I thought I had found the Holy Grail, until someone phoned me and they couldn't hear me talking. The mic doesn't work with Nexus 5.

I don't like in-ear anyway due to the noise isolation, so I am almost at the point of using my old Apple earbuds (the latest ones) and downloading one of those apps which gives extra functionality to the centre button, which still works with the Nexus and Apple buds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol