Got my dbrand skin for N5 and N7 and it's awesome!!!

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
guys, i just received my dbrand skin for my new n5 and i am impressed (with both dbrand skin and my new nexus toys).

for those of you not familiar with dbrand, they claim to have the most precisely cut skin on the market. well, i just finished applying the skin to my n5 (wood grain [fake]) and n7 (black leather [fake]) and i am impressed with the attention to detail. the skin quality is top notch (compared to all the pos i've been using apparently)!

those of you looking for some quality skin for your nexus devices, i must recommend dbrand. there website is also pretty cool too, check it out (dbrand inc. | the boss of vinyl skins & carbon fiber skins)
and just in case i sound like the owner or an employee of dbrand, let it be known here and now, i have no affiliations with dbrand or it's subsidiaries. i am simply recommending a quality product to the rest of my fellow androids.

i took these pictures with my n7 so picture quality is not so great.

n5.jpg
n5up.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: got my dbrand skin for n5 and n7 and its awesome!!!

That looks really nice. I've been considering a Dbrand skin for a while. Looks you only got the back cover? Or did you get the sides and front skin too?

The biggest thing holding me back from getting one is the lack of protection for the phone. I'm normally very careful with it and have only dropped it once (thankfully the case I have on it now successfully protected it from the fall) but I keep thinking all it will take is one unfortunate drop and bam, busted phone.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

That looks really nice. I've been considering a Dbrand skin for a while. Looks you only got the back cover? Or did you get the sides and front skin too?

The biggest thing holding me back from getting one is the lack of protection for the phone. I'm normally very careful with it and have only dropped it once (thankfully the case I have on it now successfully protected it from the fall) but I keep thinking all it will take is one unfortunate drop and bam, busted phone.

i ordered the back and side only. the front is protected by a clear screen protector.

yes, this will not protect your phone from a drop. the vinyl is very thick however. it's not some flimsy film.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

i ordered the back and side only. the front is protected by a clear screen protector.

yes, this will not protect your phone from a drop. the vinyl is very thick however. it's not some flimsy film.

How difficult was it to put the skin on? And does it look weird at all without the front cover (as in, is there a noticeable lip where the sides are thicker)? I'm thinking I may just bite the bullet on this and get one...

Posted via Android Central App

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Looks really nice... Might hook up my Nexus 7...... I love the wood grain look..

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

How difficult was it to put the skin on? And does it look weird at all without the front cover (as in, is there a noticeable lip where the sides are thicker)? I'm thinking I may just bite the bullet on this and get one...

not difficult at all. 1-10, 10 being as hard a vinyl wrapping a car, i'd give it a 3.

the toughest part in applying vinyl is lining up the "nexus" letter. the good thing about dbrand's vinyl is that it's fairly thick and whatever adhesive they use is of higher quality then all the previous "skins" i've applied.

visually, no, you can't tell (unless you're examining it up-close).

let me put it this way, my coworkers (the ones that are unaware of nexus 5) couldn't believe that this was a "sticker". they all thought that's how it came from factory. that's how good it looks, that's how good the measurements are on these skins.

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

Do you know if these are available on Amazon? I did search and couldn't find them, I just want to make sure I was looking in the right place. I've got an Amazon gift card that I'd prefer to use if possible.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Do you know if these are available on Amazon? I did search and couldn't find them, I just want to make sure I was looking in the right place. I've got an Amazon gift card that I'd prefer to use if possible.

sorry flick, i actually wanted to do that myself but they don't seem to sell on amazon or ebay. only through there website.

red5ive1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
guys, i just received my dbrand skin for my new n5 and i am impressed (with both dbrand skin and my new nexus toys).

for those of you not familiar with dbrand, they claim to have the most precisely cut skin on the market. well, i just finished applying the skin to my n5 (wood grain [fake]) and n7 (black leather [fake]) and i am impressed with the attention to detail. the skin quality is top notch (compared to all the pos i've been using apparently)!

How is the Dbrand skin holding up? Do the edges stay put? Do they scrape your hands at all? And do they accumulate lint from your pocket?

Thanks for your input!

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
How is the Dbrand skin holding up? Do the edges stay put? Do they scrape your hands at all? And do they accumulate lint from your pocket?

Thanks for your input!

skin is holding up great. no sign of wear or tear. the edges are staying put. no scraping of the hands here. yes, unfortunately, because i carry my n5 in my pocket, i do have some lint accumulated on the edges of the skin. however, it's very subtle.

jiayit

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I saw a review on YouTube once that mentioned that the edges if the sides skin are kinda sharp, thus causing discomfort. My hands are quite sensitive, will it be a problem?

Also, dirt accumulation in the 'grains' of the wood? Had a custom Nexus 4 Titanium back once, dirt accumulated, fast.

red5ive1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
skin is holding up great. no sign of wear or tear. the edges are staying put. no scraping of the hands here. yes, unfortunately, because i carry my n5 in my pocket, i do have some lint accumulated on the edges of the skin. however, it's very subtle.

Thanks for the reply. The skins look great, I think I'll give it a try.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I saw a review on YouTube once that mentioned that the edges if the sides skin are kinda sharp, thus causing discomfort. My hands are quite sensitive, will it be a problem?

Also, dirt accumulation in the 'grains' of the wood? Had a custom Nexus 4 Titanium back once, dirt accumulated, fast.

in my opinion, no, the edges of the skin is not sharp enough to cause discomfort.

as far as dirt accumulation in the grains, i have no such issue here. i do take good care of my phone. when something works this well, i make sure it's going to stay in mint condition.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of getting one of these, but when you say it is thick, is it thick enough to stop a TPU case fitting? I would like to still occasionally use one for added protection.