1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Nexus 5: Official LG slim case

I just received the oem LG slim plastic case for the Nexus 5 yesterday and so far I really like it. Retains the soft touch feel and is the the most minimalistic I have found. Kind of expensive but I think I found a keeper. Great feel in the hand!Nexus 5: Official LG slim case-image.jpg
    Nexus 5: Official LG slim case-image.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 5: Official LG slim case-image.jpg  
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-27-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Default Re: Official LG slim case

where abouts did you order that one? is that the cover from the Google Play store?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

I actually ordered from Amazon. It is not the same one from the Google Play store. It is hard plastic and the Google Play is a rubber material. The oem LG one is much slimmer. Search for AAA75187801 Hardshell Nexus 5 Black.

thanks will do, does it take away the good feel of the Nexus or do you think the shell is better feeling?

That looks great! And $20 is not a bad price. Thanks for pointing this out.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

It is not as nice as the naked phone but feels good nonetheless. Fits like an absolute glove.

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I really like this case. I did the search for what you stated and the only thing it comes up with is a white one that looks like the Google play store one. Yours looks like it would be the case with the one with the flip cover but has all the sides. could you post a link to the exact item. Thanks.

I did a Google search and it comes up with an ebay listing from the seller puremobile. No picture tho.

i used to be a huge fan of slim cases... until i accidently dropped my G2 and the slim case did NOTHING to protect it from impact. slim cases are only good for scratch protection imho.

i won't be buying "slim" cases again, especially as phones get bigger and more sophisticated, there is so much more internals to protect from impact damage.
    mobile:: Nexus 5 Black 16GB (4.4.2), LG G2 Black 32GB (RIP), iPhone 3GS White 16GB (retired) tablet: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab 32GB (ICS)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    I really like this case. I did the search for what you stated and the only thing it comes up with is a white one that looks like the Google play store one. Yours looks like it would be the case with the one with the flip cover but has all the sides. could you post a link to the exact item. Thanks.

I did a Google search and it comes up with an ebay listing from the seller puremobile. No picture tho.
    Pure mobile was the seller on Amazon also. That should be the same item.

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

K thanks.

Tapatalk via Moto X

Also worth considering is the Spigen Ultra Fit case which I bought on amazon.ca for $11.99. It appears to be identical to the LG case.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post

I think you are looking for . That's the LG case from PureMobile. $17 with free shipping, and really nice.

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The case came in yesterday. Very nice, high quality, and very very thin. Only made for cosmetic protection on the rear/sides/ and top. I think if you drop the phone, the case and the phone are gonna get some damage. Overall its a good looking, perfect fit case.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Is there a bezel protruding beyond the screen to keep it off the table when lying face down?

No. That's probably the biggest difference between this case and something like the Ringke Slim. The fit's probably not as tight too, though I suppose you need it less if you aren't going to turn it upside down. That's something I only occasionally did with my Nexus 4 though, and I only did that because of the rear speaker.

Mainly I went with this case because I read reviews of both the Spigen and Rearth/Ringke scratching phones because the cases were too tight. It's decent. Not as thick or protective as the Ringke Slim for my Nexus 4 (which was an excellent case), but I'm happy enough with it.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by longwayofdrums View Post
    No. That's probably the biggest difference between this case and something like the Ringke Slim. The fit's probably not as tight too, though I suppose you need it less if you aren't going to turn it upside down. That's something I only occasionally did with my Nexus 4 though, and I only did that because of the rear speaker.

Mainly I went with this case because I read reviews of both the Spigen and Rearth/Ringke scratching phones because the cases were too tight. It's decent. Not as thick or protective as the Ringke Slim for my Nexus 4 (which was an excellent case), but I'm happy enough with it.
    Does the case cover the Power Button / Volume Rocker?

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sMt73 View Post
    Does the case cover the Power Button / Volume Rocker?
    No. There are cut outs, and they are not difficult to access.

Sent from my Nexus 5