Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    npark2012's Avatar

    Posts
    609 Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

    Default Nexus 5 Slim armor case issue? Anyone else?

    I just got the Nexus 5 Slim Armor "Bright Red" (not really red.....) and when I put it on it was very difficult to press the volume and power buttons. I need to press down really hard for it to turn on, volume rockers are a bit easier but not as easy as a Neo Hybrid's. I was just wondering whether anyone else has the same issue either both the color or the buttons.
  2. #2  
    iamdld's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Slim armor case issue? Anyone else?

    There used to be some issues with the buttons being stiff on the soft layer. You can read about it in some of the Amazon reviews. I contacted Spigen and they sent a new soft portion and all has been fine since.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    npark2012's Avatar

    Posts
    609 Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Slim armor case issue? Anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by iamdld View Post
    There used to be some issues with the buttons being stiff on the soft layer. You can read about it in some of the Amazon reviews. I contacted Spigen and they sent a new soft portion and all has been fine since.
    How long did they take to respond?
  4. #4  
    iamdld's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Slim armor case issue? Anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by npark2012 View Post
    How long did they take to respond?
    A couple of days.
  5. #5  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Slim armor case issue? Anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by npark2012 View Post
    I just got the Nexus 5 Slim Armor "Bright Red" (not really red.....) and when I put it on it was very difficult to press the volume and power buttons. I need to press down really hard for it to turn on, volume rockers are a bit easier but not as easy as a Neo Hybrid's. I was just wondering whether anyone else has the same issue either both the color or the buttons.
    Off topic question

    Between Neo Hybrid and Slim Armor which case is wider in the hand for you?

    I personally have SA since day one but always contemplated NH hopping for a narrower case. I don't mind thickness of case just width case is little much for longer periods with the phone hand.

    Does the NH being thin make the case easier to hold in relation to it's width?

    I can't remember my original responds of my SA but it very responsive for me with slight sponginess to the button feel.


    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    npark2012's Avatar

    Posts
    609 Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Slim armor case issue? Anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Off topic question

    Between Neo Hybrid and Slim Armor which case is wider in the hand for you?

    I personally have SA since day one but always contemplated NH hopping for a narrower case. I don't mind thickness of case just width case is little much for longer periods with the phone hand.

    Does the NH being thin make the case easier to hold in relation to it's width?

    I can't remember my original responds of my SA but it very responsive for me with slight sponginess to the button feel.


    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    For me it wasn't too much of a noticeable difference but I'd say the slim armor had a SLIGHT thinness to the feel in the hand. But I will be sticking with the neo hybrid. Can never make the buttons more tactile than it is on the neo hybrid and I love it.

Similar Threads

  1. Note 3: trouble deciding on a case
    By JacobGates in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 06:17 PM
  2. Help With Text Messaging Issue
    By IceCold803 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 02:15 PM
  3. Major problems with Nexus 10 RMA
    By Scamper Gear in forum Google Nexus 10 Tablet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 09:53 AM
  4. S4 Voice issues new update
    By Bobbyjones686 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 09:09 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2014, 07:40 PM

Posting Permissions

B