Nexus 5: screen protectors?

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone use screen protectors for the nexus 5? I'm debating if it's needed. I believe my iPhone 4s had the same type of glass and it never scratched. Just wondering what others have experienced with the nexus 5.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron Swan1

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: screen protectors ?

i thought the same thing with my phone but then it got scratched somehow. i always use them now. i like the gadget guards personally. the nitro glass is pretty good if you can find one for your phone too, then it's just a new layer of glass.

flipped4dinc

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I got an iSmooth Nexus5 HD Ultra Clear Screen Protector. Following their video directions, it went on cleanly the first time, and you barely notice it.

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone use screen protectors for the nexus 5? I'm debating if it's needed. I believe my iPhone 4s had the same type of glass and it never scratched. Just wondering what others have experienced with the nexus 5.

If you're looking for a good Nexus 5 protector we do really good ones. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Expert-Shield-Protector-Lifetime-Warranty/dp/B00GN744MO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393495730&sr=8-1&keywords=expert+shield+nexus+5

Check out some of our reviews.

But if you don't fancy them that's okay as well.

If you have any questions just ask.

Oliver

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

I have the anker glass screen protector, Its less than half the price of the spigen model but looks and feels exactly the same. I had the Spigen glass protecter at first but the install went wrong. didn't want to blow another 40 bucks, and happened to come across the anker. Works like a champ

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I first tried Super Shieldz last year, found it on eBay. It's pretty cheap $5-$10 shipped, usually get 3-6 depending on the phone.

I like it, no problems with the quality and installation.

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

I got an iSmooth Nexus5 HD Ultra Clear Screen Protector. Following their video directions, it went on cleanly the first time, and you barely notice it.

Exactly what I've chosen to use and am very satisfied with its feel and appearance.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Ghost armor is what I use on my devices. Great protection and feel to it. Have it on my one x and one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Shocktribe

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Skinomi. They're great, usually when you buy one it comes with a code for a second one for free (for my nexus 5 at least) it's inexpensive, looks great, feels great, no air bubbles (wet installation), lifetime guarantee

I've used it on my blackberries, my nexus 5, an HTC One, iTouch

My only complaint is with the other components of the full body protector (all four sides and back) the side with the power button has a very thin strip of protector that comes off very easy. Other than that no problems

Adrian Rangel

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I would have also gotten a skinomi, but sprint sold me a $30 front and back protector and waived my activation fee. To answer your question, I would definitely recommend getting a screen protector. Accidents happen .

Posted via The Nexus Cinco

Siggz

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Anker Tempered Glass one. It's pretty great, and has already kept my screen safe from a drop that dented the top and bottom

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith