Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By flipped4dinc
  • 1 Post By krifor03
  • 1 Post By Shocktribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5: screen protectors?

Does anyone use screen protectors for the nexus 5? I'm debating if it's needed. I believe my iPhone 4s had the same type of glass and it never scratched. Just wondering what others have experienced with the nexus 5.

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Default Re: screen protectors ?

i thought the same thing with my phone but then it got scratched somehow. i always use them now. i like the gadget guards personally. the nitro glass is pretty good if you can find one for your phone too, then it's just a new layer of glass.

I got an iSmooth Nexus5 HD Ultra Clear Screen Protector. Following their video directions, it went on cleanly the first time, and you barely notice it.
    Iggymart likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ianhanson85 View Post
    Does anyone use screen protectors for the nexus 5? I'm debating if it's needed. I believe my iPhone 4s had the same type of glass and it never scratched. Just wondering what others have experienced with the nexus 5.
    If you're looking for a good Nexus 5 protector we do really good ones. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Expert-Shield-Protector-Lifetime-Warranty/dp/B00GN744MO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393495730&sr=8-1&keywords=expert+shield+nexus+5

Check out some of our reviews.

But if you don't fancy them that's okay as well.

If you have any questions just ask.

Oliver

I have the anker glass screen protector, Its less than half the price of the spigen model but looks and feels exactly the same. I had the Spigen glass protecter at first but the install went wrong. didn't want to blow another 40 bucks, and happened to come across the anker. Works like a champ
    npark2012 likes this.

Default Re: Nexus 5: screen protectors?

Try ghost armor. I don't even know its on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by ianhanson85 View Post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krifor03 View Post
    I have the anker glass screen protector, Its less than half the price of the spigen model but looks and feels exactly the same. I had the Spigen glass protecter at first but the install went wrong. didn't want to blow another 40 bucks, and happened to come across the anker. Works like a champ

I've had the Anker glass screen protector as well and it has been above and beyond my expectations. Coming from the regular plastic screen protectors (wet/dry) this has been a much better improvement. Would highly recommend it. Plus it's a lot cheaper than the competing glass protectors.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Recommend use the Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Google Nexus 5 for it doesn't make the screen blurry like other screen protectors.

I first tried Super Shieldz last year, found it on eBay. It's pretty cheap $5-$10 shipped, usually get 3-6 depending on the phone.

I like it, no problems with the quality and installation.

Quote Originally Posted by flipped4dinc View Post
    I got an iSmooth Nexus5 HD Ultra Clear Screen Protector. Following their video directions, it went on cleanly the first time, and you barely notice it.
    Exactly what I've chosen to use and am very satisfied with its feel and appearance.

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

Have spigen screen protectors. Works well

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    LG Nexus 4 E960 Occam 44.2.2 JDQ39 / Nokia Lumia 920 / Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 Takju 4.2.2 JDQ39 / Asus Google Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39

Ghost armor is what I use on my devices. Great protection and feel to it. Have it on my one x and one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Skinomi. They're great, usually when you buy one it comes with a code for a second one for free (for my nexus 5 at least) it's inexpensive, looks great, feels great, no air bubbles (wet installation), lifetime guarantee

I've used it on my blackberries, my nexus 5, an HTC One, iTouch

My only complaint is with the other components of the full body protector (all four sides and back) the side with the power button has a very thin strip of protector that comes off very easy. Other than that no problems

Thanked by:
    Adrian Rangel likes this.

I would have also gotten a skinomi, but sprint sold me a $30 front and back protector and waived my activation fee. To answer your question, I would definitely recommend getting a screen protector. Accidents happen .

Posted via The Nexus Cinco

I use amFilm screen protectors. I wrote a review of them here: My review of the amFilm Moto G screen protector - xda-developers

The review is for the Moto G, but they make them for every major phone. The protectors themselves are very scratch resistant, and will last you a long time.

I'm using the Anker Tempered Glass one. It's pretty great, and has already kept my screen safe from a drop that dented the top and bottom

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk