Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By whitenoise013
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 5 micro USB cable

Hi guys,
    Well I lost my nexus 5 micro USB cable but I still have the wall adaptor. I've read a lot of articles that state that using a 3rd party cable/charger can do bad for the phone.
    Does it make a difference to use to a 3rd party cable (I have a Samsung USB cable) with my nexus charger? Or is there any way I can get a nexus USB cable? I couldn't find them in amazon.

Also does the charging speed has anything to do with the USB cable? (USB 3.0 , USB 2.0 difference perhaps? ) I don't know if its just what I felt but I think the phone charged a bit slower with my Samsung USB cable.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: nexus 5 micro USB cable

Welcome to Android Central! Any microUSB cable should be fine for charging. They can't really cause damage.

Global Posts
    30,584 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Welcome to the forums.
    I found this: https://play.google.com/store/device...ging_accessory

Other options can be found here: LG Nexus 5 USB Cables - ShopAndroid

Unless you're buying a cut-rate chinese cable, any micro usb cable should work fine. But even most cheap ones should work ok.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for your replies guys! Such a good feeling to be part of this community. Thank you once again!

B. Diddy likes this.

tock
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenoise013 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Well I lost my nexus 5 micro USB cable but I still have the wall adaptor. I've read a lot of articles that state that using a 3rd party cable/charger can do bad for the phone.
    Does it make a difference to use to a 3rd party cable (I have a Samsung USB cable) with my nexus charger? Or is there any way I can get a nexus USB cable? I couldn't find them in amazon.

Also does the charging speed has anything to do with the USB cable? (USB 3.0 , USB 2.0 difference perhaps? ) I don't know if its just what I felt but I think the phone charged a bit slower with my Samsung USB cable.

Hi - I bought a spare cheapo micro usb cable from Amazon and it was MUCH MUCH slower thean the cable I got with the 'phone. Literally hours to recharge from "flat" compared to a couple of hours with stock cable