Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Spigen Ultra Slim Fit RUINS Google Maps and network access

Hello all,

I have a Spigen Nexus 5 Ultra Slim Fit case for my Nexus 5 phone. I have found for a long time that Google Maps works terribly on my phone, and it wasn't until very recently that I tried it with the case off. WITHOUT the case, it works PERFECTLY - even in areas where there is no 4G reception.

So - it is clear that the Spigen case is killing my ability to use my phone as it was intended. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is there a case that won't impede my reception? Is this weird?

Thank you.

James

Default Re: Spigen Ultra Slim Fit RUINS Google Maps and network access

Try one of the Spigen clear cases. It's probably the metal case that's blocking the gps signal. Better yet, the Ringke Fusion Crystal View cases have better grip and are softer. Amazon.com: [DROP PROTECTION] RINGKE FUSION Google Nexus 5 Case Bumper [CRYSTAL VIEW] The Best Selling Shock Absorption Bumper + Anti Scratch Clear Back Panel + Design It Yourself Active Touch Technology Premium Hybrid Hard Case [Eco/DIY Package] fo