64GB Flashdrive w/ MicroUSB connector

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It might just be that I'm out of the loop, but this is the first time I've seen a flash drive with an integrated MicroUSB connector (and regular USB for PC), eliminating the need for a cable adapter to connect to phones/tablets. At $24.99 after MIR for a 64GB USB 3.0 Patriot drive (I've had good success with Patriot before), this looks to be a heck of a deal. Note that the default shipping option that comes up is $5.99, but a free shipping option is available.

Newegg.com - Patriot Stellar Series 64GB OTG USB 3.0 External Storage For Android Smartphones/ Tablets- PSF64GSTROTG

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Any feedback on this one?

Yep, just got mine in... and this thing is TINY! About 1 1/2" long, 1/2" wide, and 3/16" thick. I haven't tested it for speed , but it seems as zippy as my 'regular' 3.0 drive. Pretty fast on the N5 too (eager for the day phones work up a MicroUSB 3.0 standard!).

I was worried the plastic cap over the Micro USB would snap off, but the connector seems pretty durable. The only downside is that, being so small, the lanyard hole is very, very small.

Igneel

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, just got mine in... and this thing is TINY! About 1 1/2" long, 1/2" wide, and 3/16" thick. I haven't tested it for speed , but it seems as zippy as my 'regular' 3.0 drive. Pretty fast on the N5 too (eager for the day phones work up a MicroUSB 3.0 standard!).

I was worried the plastic cap over the Micro USB would snap off, but the connector seems pretty durable. The only downside is that, being so small, the lanyard hole is very, very small.

Thanks for the informative feedback. I'm planning to have one too.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site