Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Holster recommendations for N5 w Spigen Neo Hybrid?

Just got my Nexus 5 from the friendly UPS guy yesterday evening and elected to move away from Seidio cases - This time I went with a Spigen Neo Hybrid case. Love it so far - only thing I am missing was Seidio's inclusion of clip holsters that work with their cases.

I'm not looking for a clip holster - but I would like to get a nice quality leather pouch-type horizontal holster that can accommodate the Spigen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Eric "GuitarEC"

Default Re: Holster recommendations for N5 w Spigen Neo Hybrid?

“OK, so I definitely think that - the holster – just stop it - so f-ing lame – I’m sorry. If you’re wearing a holster – there’d better be a gun in there. I mean that. You’d better be packing heat or some kind of Desert Eagle in a holster – or something – like a six shooter even – just anything but a freaking phone. Just stop. Phone – holster – bad.” – Ashley Esqueda - Girls Gone Gadgets 01: Pilot

“I hate the look of a beeper or a cell phone hanging from a belt. I can understand if you’re wearing a tool belt or a “Bat belt,” but in a normal, civilian context it doesn’t look too good. It’s about as cool as wearing a canteen or a screwdriver. It looks like you should have a patch on your shirt with your name on it.” - Glenn O'Brien – The Style Guy – GQ

Quote Originally Posted by guitarec View Post
    I'm not looking for a clip holster - but I would like to get a nice quality leather pouch-type horizontal holster that can accommodate the Spigen.
    This fits loosely with a Diztronic TPU case. So the Spigen should be fine. The best *cheap* holster I've found, no stitches coming apart after a couple of months or so.

Horizontal Pouch Leather Belt Case Clip Reiko Logo for Samsung Galaxy S4 s 4 | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    “OK, so I definitely think that - the holster – just stop it - so f-ing lame – I’m sorry. If you’re wearing a holster – there’d better be a gun in there. I mean that. You’d better be packing heat or some kind of Desert Eagle in a holster – or something – like a six shooter even – just anything but a freaking phone. Just stop. Phone – holster – bad.” – Ashley Esqueda - Girls Gone Gadgets 01: Pilot

“I hate the look of a beeper or a cell phone hanging from a belt. I can understand if you’re wearing a tool belt or a “Bat belt,” but in a normal, civilian context it doesn’t look too good. It’s about as cool as wearing a canteen or a screwdriver. It looks like you should have a patch on your shirt with your name on it.” - Glenn O'Brien – The Style Guy – GQ
    Fashion Police much ?!?!.............:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Gekko,

I was asking for holster recommendations, not opinions about holsters in general. Sorry, but big-@$$ slab of flat glass - doesn't conform well to rounded contours of my legs in a pants pocket, and being that I paid $400 for this thing, I don't want to run the possibility cracking the screen as a result of flex if I accidentally sit on it.

Sorry if "safely carried" equals fashion faux-pas...

Regards,

Eric "GuitarEC"

Can't say I tried it myself but this one looks nice and secure.
    Amazon.com: Retail Package TECH21 Large Horizontal Belt Clip Holster: Cell Phones & Accessories

Holster recommendations for N5 w Spigen Neo Hybrid?-31s1orgxdpl.jpg