I thought I wanted to share you guys some mods that I like.
    I've never really had huge improvements using camera mods or Volume mods so I didn't include them here. If you have any mods that you want to add on, feel free to share

I know a lot of people use the stock rom and most don't like the way the current stock battery icon looks under the notifications, so I used this mod to fix it: Battery Percentage icon Mod

I also flashed 4 way reboot mod as well: 4 way reboot menu

I did post a video on how to flash these mods (and how they look):
    Attached Thumbnails Mods that will make your Nexus 5 even better! [requires root]-screenshot_2013-11-24-16-02-03.jpg   Mods that will make your Nexus 5 even better! [requires root]-screenshot_2013-11-24-16-02-11.jpg  
    11-24-2013 03:36 PM
    I think the headphone volume is set too low on the Nexus 5 and this MOD helped me. It also tells you how to manually change the values.
    [MOD][GUIDE] Headphone and Speaker Volume Boost for the Nexus 5 - xda-developers
    alltechinside likes this.
    11-29-2013 10:33 AM
    These worked great. Any more mods I can try? Nothing major just small tweaks. Liking the stock ROM right now.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-08-2014 02:37 PM
    These worked great. Any more mods I can try? Nothing major just small tweaks. Liking the stock ROM right now.

I would suggest installing Xposed Framework and also Xblast tools which gives you lots of interesting tweaks. While you cannot use ART with XF you can flash the moto x optimized dalvik and bionic libraries.

Also, I love the 'qemu.hw.mainkeys=1' to remove the menu buttons at the bottom.

01-10-2014 08:01 AM
    I would suggest installing Xposed Framework and also Xblast tools which gives you lots of interesting tweaks. While you cannot use ART with XF you can flash the moto x optimized dalvik and bionic libraries.

Also, I love the 'qemu.hw.mainkeys=1' to remove the menu buttons at the bottom.

Thanks man. Any links BTW. If not I'll have to search it.

01-10-2014 09:33 AM
    Thanks man. Any links BTW. If not I'll have to search it.

Hey, np!

The link to Xposed Framework: [FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.4.1)(02.12.2013) - xda-developers - From here you download modules within the app. And with the qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 simply download a root file explorer app of your choice, navigate to system/build.prop and right at the bottom type the line 'qemu.hw.mainkeys=1', save and reboot (make sure you have some sort of pie controls enabled so you can navigate.

Edit: Forgot to include the dalvik libraries - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537299

Hope this helped,
    p3ntyne
    jsarino likes this.
    01-10-2014 09:59 AM
    I'll add the Franco kernel to the mod list.

[KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r32 - xda-developers

All kinds of tools at its disposal. You can tweak things such as the CPU, backup/restore, battery, etc.
    Jacob Dodgen likes this.
    01-10-2014 12:00 PM
    I'll add the Franco kernel to the mod list.

[KERNEL] [GPL] [N5] franco.Kernel - r32 - xda-developers

All kinds of tools at its disposal. You can tweak things such as the CPU, backup/restore, battery, etc.
    Aha, forgot that too - it's awesome!

jsarino likes this.
    01-10-2014 09:22 PM
    Alright guys, thanks a lot. Installed all the above except dalvik libraries. Just out of curiosity, if I wanted to remove one of the mods in the op, say the battery percentage or reboot menu, how do I do this? The reason I ask is because the xposed framework with gravity box has some of these mods already. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Sorry guys I figured it out, checked the original OP. Thanks anyways.

Posted via my LG Nexus 5...
    01-22-2014 04:38 PM
    What's the difference battery drain wise using ART vs the Xposed Framework (with and without the MotoX Dalvik)?

I'm curious if I want to mostly leave the phone alone with ART or play with it with Xposed, but so far I'm very happy with the ART battery life.
    01-29-2014 01:47 PM
    What's the difference battery drain wise using ART vs the Xposed Framework (with and without the MotoX Dalvik)?

I'm curious if I want to mostly leave the phone alone with ART or play with it with Xposed, but so far I'm very happy with the ART battery life.
    I haven't been able to play around with ART unfortunately. I love my xposed modules way to much, especially with gravity box.

I am curious though, how is your battery life compared to when you were on Dalvik? Also are you running a custom kernel or anything?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    02-28-2014 12:02 AM
    I am curious though, how is your battery life compared to when you were on Dalvik? Also are you running a custom kernel or anything?
    I can get 2-3 days on a single charge with "light" use with Art (3-4 hours of screen time over said period). 3 days is stretching it, but unplugging it one day to plugging it in the next day is hardly a stretch. Battery Widget Reborn has me getting 1 day, 8 hours per charge, but it says my phone takes 4 hours to charge, which I know is off, so I don't know how much to trust that.. It was worse on Dalvik, but I hadn't finished optimizing the phone when I swapped. I might be able to stretch it further if I turned off Google Now.

Do keep in mind though, I keep the phone on 3G (Sprint) unless I need data (which isn't that often when I don't have wifi), and don't do a lot of stuff data wise with it regularly.
    wardawgmalvicious likes this.
    03-02-2014 12:40 PM
    I can get 2-3 days on a single charge with "light" use with Art (3-4 hours of screen time over said period). 3 days is stretching it, but unplugging it one day to plugging it in the next day is hardly a stretch. Battery Widget Reborn has me getting 1 day, 8 hours per charge, but it says my phone takes 4 hours to charge, which I know is off, so I don't know how much to trust that.. It was worse on Dalvik, but I hadn't finished optimizing the phone when I swapped. I might be able to stretch it further if I turned off Google Now.

Do keep in mind though, I keep the phone on 3G (Sprint) unless I need data (which isn't that often when I don't have wifi), and don't do a lot of stuff data wise with it regularly.
    Hmm that sounds pretty good lol, mine varies, I use my phone pretty heavily, I wonder how it would go.

I appreciate you going in depth with your experience and usage with it.

-wardawgmalvicious
    Rooted N5/N7 2nd Gen
    MultiROM TWRP
    Franco Kernel
    Stock 4.4.2 infused with GB
    Ubuntu Touch r206
    -Sent using Tapatalk
    03-02-2014 04:42 PM
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...alvik-t2546120

The files at this link adds performance to my already fast N5.

Via my LG Nexus 5...
    jsarino likes this.
    03-03-2014 09:18 PM
    04-12-2014 02:45 AM