1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Windows drivers for Nexus 5

I want to unlock and root my N5. When connecting it to windows XP using the USB cable with "USB debugging" enabled, drivers are required for Win to recognize N5.
    Where could i download the required drivers? I Google it and found "LG Mobile Driver" and "Windows Naked Driver ", will it be good to use any one of this?

Thank you, have a nice day!

losl

Default Re: Windows drivers for Nexus 5

I'd try the "naked driver" first. Before you do that, make sure you remove any other drivers that could be associated with your N5. (might be called an LG Media device or anything else related to LG and/or mobile).

If you don't remove those other drivers first you'll be in for a long hunt of trying to find the driver conflict. Do yourself a favor and hunt down any pre-existing drivers that might be possibly connected to your N5 first, and get rid of them. Then install the naked driver to your computer, and then plug the phone in. Hopefully that will save you a few headaches. Sadly, Windows and Nexus devices often seem to result in driver difficulties...
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
    Thanked by:
    losl 

Here's the link for the latest USB drivers direct from Google:
    Thanked by:
    losl 

Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    I'd try the "naked driver" first. Before you do that, make sure you remove any other drivers that could be associated with your N5. (might be called an LG Media device or anything else related to LG and/or mobile).

If you don't remove those other drivers first you'll be in for a long hunt of trying to find the driver conflict. Do yourself a favor and hunt down any pre-existing drivers that might be possibly connected to your N5 first, and get rid of them. Then install the naked driver to your computer, and then plug the phone in. Hopefully that will save you a few headaches. Sadly, Windows and Nexus devices often seem to result in driver difficulties...
    Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhuynhhawaii View Post
    Posted via Android Central App
    Did the above Driver help? If not, let us know and we'll see what can be done to further help you.

For me PDAnet worked perfectly I had the same problem. Download that rootkit for nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by James Rollen View Post
    Here's the link for the latest USB drivers direct from Google:
    I used these. DL them, boot your phone into the bootloader (or whatever that screen is) holding Power/VolUp/VolDown, then go to device drivers, and when an unknown device shows up, update the driver and point to these. Did that, and have had no problems since.

Quote Originally Posted by Bront View Post
    I used these. DL them, boot your phone into the bootloader (or whatever that screen is) holding Power/VolUp/VolDown, then go to device drivers, and when an unknown device shows up, update the driver and point to these. Did that, and have had no problems since.
    See the thing is I had the same problem it didn't work. Google rootkit for nexus. They will guide you through the unlocking bootloader then it will root the phone w less than 5 clicks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk